Anonymous
Years ago

Where is Paul P-Unit Smith?

Just a question for you all where in gods name is Paul P-Unit Smith? The show stopper, mr tickets himself from southern has gone missing!!! Obviously a massive career move heading from Southern to rivals South. Rd 1 19:01mins 6 points Rd 2 21:29mins 4 points Rd 3 3:24mins 0 points. Wow whats going on at Pantherland with your number one recruit for 2009 season is not performing and only getting 3mins a game. The team must be happy with his progress and how he has settled in this team.

Topic #19460 | Report this topic

Juror 12  
Years ago

Other Southern Tigers supporters/players/coaches feel free to add your thoughts below as well....

Reply #230303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some wouls say its best to let sleeping dogs lie. Maybe start bagging him once you have played him and won, he still has 6 weeks to prepare for you Southern.

Reply #230305 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

A couple of wins and out come the Southern supporters and coach, gee what a surprise! Always were a bunch of front runners! What did those two wins cost the club, $5000? I wouldn't go getting too far ahead of yourselves considering the three games you've played have been against bottom 5 sides from 08 and two of them were the bottom two, which one of them was the game you lost...at home!

Reply #230306 | Report this post

confused  
Years ago

I thought Paul was playing at Forestville?? Well it definately looked like him!!!

Reply #230317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the fact that you have come on here to bag Paul yet your fantastic import Morris stats get worse and worse. That was money well spent. Funny if you did not have Joe on the weekend you would have been smashed. The Truth is spot on and well said.

Reply #230323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a shame Paul moved on!
Don't know why, perhaps its coz the tigers are a team of guards, even on the weekend with Joe being the tallest on the court except when Bungey came on it looked like we don't have any True Forwards.
I wish Paul all the best and hope to see him home again one day

Reply #230358 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Turn it up

Reply #230371 | Report this post

Big Bad Bob  
Years ago

Tiger fans go to the game on Saturday have your fun because once Joe goes your back down the bottom again!

Reply #230382 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

I think I remember them doing the same thing last year around round 5...how your season finish again? I guess your just doing it a little earlier this year because you know it won't last long!

Reply #230391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#230358)

Their True forward had season ending surgery. I have no doubt with Dan Lalic running around this year the team would be looking in better shape.

All the same its a bit early to be judging the team, i certainly dont recall reading anything about the team making finals and dominating. Feel free to post direct quotes from any thread to prove me wrong.

One thing is certain, the Southern v South rivalry is alive and well, May 9 is going to be a cracker of a game!!

Reply #230408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pauly... a whole thread devoted just to you... how do you feel matey?? :-)
As Bruce McAvaney would say....

SPECIAL

Reply #230413 | Report this post

basket case  
Years ago

Thats like saying the Clippers V Bucks rivalry is alive and well. Outside of the teams, nobody cares.

Reply #230414 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

(#230408) ..."All the same its a bit early to be judging the team, i certainly dont recall reading anything about the team making finals and dominating. Feel free to post direct quotes from any thread to prove me wrong."
Just a couple..."I think the Big 3 will still be there at the end of the season, but southern will push for that finals sport."

..."Southern in and West out of the five from last year. Southern with 3 wins already, tradionally 10 wins is good enough to make the finals...sometimes 9. They still have to play centrals, eastern, woodville twice each. They really should get them...that makes 9 wins. Also still to play south again, and a depleated West this week. Should get those two that makes 11 wins!

Even if the loose one or two of these they still can get wins in games against west( 2nd time they play), two games against Sturt, and have showed they can beat the top sides so any games they drop that they shouldn't they should be able to make up by beating top sides as they already have.

A definate finals team in my opinion, just a matter of where they will finish."

Reply #230420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it just me, or is there a striking similarity between Southern and the Richmond Football Club?

Both have had success in the past, both seem to have a decent year followed by very ordinary ones, and both teams have a decent roster.

And before the coach gets bagged again, when does the playing group have to stand up and take responsibility for their actions? They are the one's on the court.

Oh, and Paul is one of the guys you want on your team. Doesn't want to be the star, just happy to play and do the little things to help the team win.

Reply #230422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats half the stuff written got anything to do with the original topic. the point seems to be that paul has had a really really bad start. just look at the figures. its not about getting stuck into either teams, where does it mention in the original post that they are from southern. its about mr ticket man not selling any tickets to his show. i bet southern are glad that he and his bad attitude towards teamates is finally gone.

Reply #230499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to "the Truth",

Im sure glad you could find one quote, perhaps you could let us know what thread it is in and who its by, may put things in context.

What it does say is people think they should play finals this year, not THE final, but at least a final.

Oh well, its a forum, poetic license is a given.

Reply #230500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

paul is just sad that he got traded for a washing machine

Reply #230505 | Report this post

Big Bad Bob  
Years ago

The Truth I thought they play Sturt this week??

Reply #230508 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Those quotes were from last year Big Bad Bob, yes they are playing Sturt.
There is actually two quotes in that post anonymous not including yours. Both posts were from the topic "ABL mens comp closer than first thought"...

Reply #230526 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

I guess it must be tough to hear the news that "Southern Junior" Luke Schenscher may be suiting up for Eastern this year??? How'd that one slip through???

Reply #230527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The truth please inform the rest of us when Luke played for Southern?

Noarlunga City and Southern are very different, please don't bring down the heritage of NCT by labelling it as Southern.

Reply #230541 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

"The truth please inform the rest of us when Luke played for Southern?

Noarlunga City and Southern are very different, please don't bring down the heritage of NCT by labelling it as Southern."
Ha ha ha you are very right. Noarlunga no longer exist! No more...Kaput! Who was I talking about again???

Reply #230583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes thanks to Hopkins Noarlunga merged with Adelaide Southern and detroyed a once proud club. Now it has turned into nothing but a glorified Southern Suns. I see there is a large follwoing in Facebook for Noarlunga City Tigers and no mention or group for Southern Tigers. That says something doesn't it?

Reply #230590 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

I still refer to Southern as Noarlunga City Tigers

Reply #230598 | Report this post

spicey  
Years ago

it does indeed say something anonymous.

Reply #230612 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Is it possible to simply go back to being Noarlunga Tigers? Considering hardly any Southern Suns players came across, most of the players, supporters and committee are from Tigers, why not just change it back??? Just a small hiccup in history! I must admitt I still call them Noarlunga, but it's generally Southern Tigers fans that correct me!

Reply #230651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow even Boti is getting stuck into south. Fuller and Justin leave and they fill the hole with Paul Smith and Matt Davies. Wow not even close to filling that hole. Its going to be an extremely long year for south. Hopefully T-mac, Pilks and Kosie can pull something spectacular this season so the fans get some enjoyment.

Reply #230692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti is hardly getting stuck into them, he clearly states their current position and the road ahead isnt getting any easier.

I dont mind throwing my 2 cents in though.

I would love to be inside Jason's head atm, he would have taken the reigns with high expectations after last years efforts. Now that things are looking a bit bleak it will be a true test of his coaching acumen to turn the group around.

Heath Jury from Southern was in the same position and lost almost half the team, of that walk out one would say only Brad Gerlach has prospered. Will the same happen at Panther land or will they prove to be the stronger, loyal operation they claim to be?

Reply #230725 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

How did Southern go against Sturt on the weekend??? Did I read on here somewhere they went down by 30??? Lol...knew it wouldn't take long! Doesn't get any easier next week having to face Norwood!!!
Go the Flames!!!

Reply #230791 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:01 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754