Isaac
Years ago

Oklahoma's Blake Griffin

I don't get many chances to watch college or NBA basketball so up until recently I knew the name "Blake Griffin" but had never seen him play.

Then I saw the Oklahoma-North Carolina game the other day (well, taped it, watched the first half the other day and I'm part way through the rest, watching it over breakfast each morning).

Looks like a strong player but seems fairly well grounded and just goes about his job. What does everyone think? Any chance of him not getting taken #1 should he declare? I saw someone compare him to Tim Duncan recently. Any other current or past NBA players play a similar style of game?

Topic #19463 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certainty for #1 pick this year, no doubt. He is an athletic beast of a PF. Draft Express says best case - prime Antonio McDyess, Worst Case - David Lee.

Also seen much more athletic Carlos Boozer comparisons.

Reply #230350 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

With the amount of top notch talent in the previous draft, i think having a high pick this year is very important. The talent level is just not anywhere near as high.

Blake may be benefitting from this.

Also- media are bias because praising the next big thing sells more than reality.

Agents are always planting opinions to try and create a higher profile for their clients.

But what if the guy really is that good?

I would be interested to hear what non-bias hoops sa people think....coz i haven't seen him at all....

Reply #230353 | Report this post

march madness  
Years ago

how good did the tar heels look ! villanova v north carolina this weekend will be a gem.

uconn must be happy to be in teh other bracket - as they will cruise past michigan state

Reply #230355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blake griffin will be the number 1 draft pick no doubt.
He reminds me of a healthy/younger grant hill.
His athleticism, brains and hustle all come together... He will be the next big thing.

UConn will be up against Villanova in the Championship...
Thats my pick anyway...
UConn will win it all

Reply #230364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

michigan state!all the way

Reply #230365 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Griffin is a freak of nature

He will be a superstar

He played badly for him and was relatively quiet vs Carolina and he put up what? 25pts 16rebs?

Thats insane.

Reply #230366 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I have watched at least 6 of his games this season including at the tourney. He is a beast inside just as others say.

I rate him highly and if he was in the same draft as Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley, I'd take Griffen over them both.

He does it all, scores, plays D and plays as part of a team. Pity his side was not as deep as UNC - they did look good 'eh with a healthy Ty Lawson!

Most of all he is a good and well-grounded person. Have seen a few of his interviews and he is very modest and takes it all in his stride.

He will be the consensus 2009 NCAA Division 1 player of the year, and definitely be drafted #1.

I think talk of the draft being weak is pure dribble. There may not be as many "stars", but thre is certainly depth. It is even possible if Mills nominate for example, he may even be pushed to the second round! Now you tell me of a scout who would not draft Mills and put him in ther best 12? There would not be many.

Reply #230372 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Yep, Griffin is a gun. Only seen him play a couple of times on One HD but have been keeping track during the season. Did anyone else see him hit his head on the backboard in their Sweet 16 game?

I can't think of too many bigs drafted in the last couple of years who I would prefer. I'd rather him than Aldridge, Oden, Beasley, Bogut. IMO he could be the Duncan or KG of the next decade.

Reply #230374 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah just seen the ONE HD footage, and seems very good. As its been said he is a lock for No. 1 and the boozer comparison is one that i keep hearing over and over. Not knowing any of the players i have been checking out the various draft sites and looking out for the top picks. Liked pargo from villanova the other day and derrick brown as well (cant remember his school) who was a rangy left hander with good size but seems to not figure on any of the draft boards.

I'm just thankful that we have access to these games and cant thank ONE/Ten enough.

Reply #230378 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I've seen about 1 and a half of his games and he's impressed me a lot, reminds me a bit of Amare the way he runs the floor so well despite bring a monster. First footage I saw of him was dunking in warm ups, did a two foot through the leg leaner with ease, looks and moves like he's 6-5 when he's actually 6-10.

If you've not seen him you've got to check out this link, you can see any game from March Madness in full or as highlights, including Oklahoma's 4 games.

Reply #230399 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Where do you think Hansborough from North Carolina will be drafted?

Reply #230459 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I'm thinking late first round for Hansborough - to a contender looking for someone to play some consistently solid backup minutes.

Reply #230464 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:24 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754