Anonymous
Years ago

nathan jawai??

did the raps waive nate? on the last couple of box scores it didnt even say DNP. whats going on?

Topic #19466 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe he is back in the D-League

Reply #230385 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

he played and lets just say his stats werent impressive. Wee bit low in all categories

Reply #230389 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

kman,

he player 38 seconds or something in his first game back after being re-called from d-league, not sure what exactly you would expect him to do in that kinda of time. He has been written as inactive for toronto's last two games.

Reply #230390 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

it makes it so hard 2 prove you can play when you get such limited playing time

Reply #230402 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Big Nate will get his chance...needs to be patient. At least he is signed for next season as well. With a full pre-season under his belt and playing Summer League, we can expect to see more of him next season.

Reply #230403 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

check this article out. if this is true, he's in the danger zone...

http://linky.com.au/80294

Reply #230412 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

let's all be honest here,
If we take anything out of this article it would be the fact that the bloke who wrote it obviously has little idea about the big unit. Otherwise he would know that he gained weight during Jawai's forced time on the sidelines.
Not being able to physically train would put weight on anyone of his body shape.
Yea it would have been hard for him to gel with new blokes in the d-league who he has probably never met let alone played with. He can't expect to gain respect straight away in a league where everyone is trying to prove themselves.
As mentioned previously let's give the unit a fair go and watch a great Aussie export develop and be proud he is battling with the best in the world.

Reply #230418 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

I think with Jawai, he was probably just speaking his mind when pointing out what he didn't like about the D-league. Unfortunately, this is not what alot of people like to hear (Americans love to hear how everything is great). They may not understand that an Australian may not be used to a league where everyone is basically out for themselves, especially Nate being young as he is it was probably quite a shock to the system.

Americans seem to have a different way of looking at things, Nate's comment of "They wouldn't talk to you. If I said hello, they'd just look away. Just being rude. It didn't bother me one bit, though." is regarded as demanding immediate respect by that author. This is not true; it's just a culture thing, in Australia regardless of what you've done on the basketball court, most people can at least be somewhat civil to you...

Reply #230419 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

"a league where everyone is basically out for themselves"???the guard had 12, 10 assists when Jawai played...I think the situation is reversed, isn't Nat the one self-centered complaining they don't look out for him?

Also putting on weight? there are different approaches to combat that, I've always said to my clients a good diet is far more important than exercise regime in weight control.

Also you saying Americans don't like to hear about bad stuff? Well you have guys "trashing" their management, coaching staff etc. you think Nat's comment really bother people that much for people to say bad things about him? Just think about the amount of disgruntled players that's been reported. His comments nowhere near as bad.

Here's another thing, underperformance due to lack of gelling time? you have Wafer, Karl, Farmar whom all blossom when played in D-League. Ok fine, because ball's in their hands all time? then Nate should get 10boards anyway. If I were him I'd just appreciate what's been given and do a good job to show he can play.

Reply #230423 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Geez, the big fella did himself no favours with some of his comments. No doubt some guys were rude to him and do see him as a threat - but you can't whinge about it in the media - it just gets your team mates backs up and makes them respect you less.

Also, the author has said Jawai hinted that he didn't think much of the D-league and then the last couple of lines:

"I got my own room, not like the others," Jawai said. "I didn't share. So I still got treated like I was in the NBA."

The author has basically just made him look like a big sook who is overweight and thinks he's too good to slum it down in the D-league. Not good.

After that article, Nate has got a lot of work to do to repair his image with guys in Idaho and Toronto. Its a tough learning curve for a young guy who has basically had a very sheltered existence in Queensland most of his life.

Hope he can turn it around.

Reply #230425 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754