AndyOG
Years ago

Bogut and Duncan at the Spurs: Would it work?

There seems to be a lot of NBA aficionados on Hoops SA that know the NBA back to front, so I was just wondering... do people think that the already successful San Antonio Spurs (if they could work out a trade) could make a front court of Bogut and Duncan work?. Would this be a good move by the Spurs, or is this the most ridiculous hair-brained concept since the Lakers thought they would get it done with Karl Malone and Gary Payton???,

Topic #19470 | Report this topic

shin_splints  
Years ago

And who do you propose San Antonio would offer in a trade for Bogut?

Reply #230468 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Bogut and Duncan at the Spurs would be dy-no-mite. I was actually hoping before he signed his big contract that he'd consider an unthinkable paycut and sign with the Spurs. Obviously wishful thinking in today's NBA.

The passing from the big men spots would be ridiculous with these two on the court, as would the post and help defense. Bogut could eventually be groomed as Tim's successor. He does not hold a candle to him as a player, obviously, but as a player with a highly similar style he could have filled the void once the reins are handed over to Tony Parker (and to Manu, to an extent).

Reply #230498 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

The thought of it reminds me a bit of taking Longley out of Minnesota & making him a Bull. If it worked it could work BIG!!

Reply #230503 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

yeah, never thought about this team up but it'll work. And Bogut's stat should get better too (like what happened to Amare when Shaq arrives).

Reply #230512 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

it'll bring back memories of the Twin Tower era of Duncan and Admiral - that i've heard stories about back in the day

Reply #231265 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:05 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754