Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Minnesota coaching change

Flip Saunders out. Kevin McHale in. Shame we never got to see McHale coach against Larry Bird (who previously coached Indiana).

Will be interesting to see Minnesota slow the game down, throw the ball into the low block, and pump fake, step back, dipsy-do underneath layup, spin ..... ah, the sweet moves of Snail McHale.

Topic #1948 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well the offence is going to be a 4 out 1 in.its garnetts offence.good luck mchale

Reply #22096 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think it's time the Wolves have a look at the team, and not the coach... Sorry, time to go......

Sam......... and possibly Spree. He is in a contract year and his numbers are way down on career number, plus he needs to go somewhere to earn the $$$ to feed his six kids. Minnie won't pay him the biscuits, and they should try and trade him to get something.

I guess the positive with this is Spree's $14 mill comes of the books.

The Wolves had trouble finding a point guard, Steph didn't want to stay and play second fiddle to KG, Terrell Brandon had the dodgy knees, and Sam was good for a while there, but just getting too long in the tooth.

Reply #22097 | Report this post

Tyler  
Years ago

Totally agree with you TR. Flip is a good coach. The team is old. Spree and Cassell are on their last legs. Time to inject some youth in the team.

Reply #22115 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

twolves need to part ways wih cassell,sprewell and olawakandi.in other words biuld around garnett from scratch.

Reply #22116 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The interested thing is that the Wolves have kept Flip on the books. Flip will be 're-assigned within the organization'. What a bunch of bs. He's a great coach, and if anyone should take some heat it should be the players and front office.

It's funny that players have guarantee contracts which means they get paid whilst coaches have contract that can be terminated on the spot. Just imagine sacking a player on the spot because he is declining in years or not producing (hello Kandiman, Spree, Sam)

I guess the Wolves are sort off honouring the contract by still employing Flip.

Flip's record for the since 1999-2000 is great.

1999-00: 50-32
2000-01: 47-35
2001-02: 50-32
2002-03: 51-31
2003-04: 58-24

Anyone think McHale is going to do better. McHale was a great player, but how does he think he can do better with no experience as a coach.

Reply #22119 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I dunno TR, but they said the same thing when Larry Bird began coaching Indiana and he took them straight to the finals.

Reply #22126 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Bloody Sprewell and Cassel, you know a player is on their last legs when they are shooting like shit, averaging 5points less than last year and then asking for more $ from the club

Reply #22166 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, forgot about Bird and Indy.... I did notice that they went down to the Bulls today... As Johnny Davis said "he assembled them, let's see if he can win with the squad he built".

Reply #22198 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:46 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754