lethal5
Years ago

Ray Allen - Mr Clutch

With second place up for grabs in the East after Orlando got beaten yesterday, Ray Allen has once again come up massive in the clutch for the Celtics.

Boston came from behind against Charlotte to send the game into overtime. Allen was not having one of his great shooting games, but then nailed a 3 to tie up the first overtime at the buzzer.

In the 2nd overtime, Boston trailed by 1 with 2 seconds remaining when Ray Ray found himself wide open outside the arc. Pierce got the ball to him & once again Allen hit the game winner (after shooting an air ball 30 seconds earlier). How on earth can Charlotte leave him open in that situation?

Is Ray Allen one of the greatest clutch shooters of all time in NBA? I say yes! Even on an off shooting night, he seems to come up with goods when the game is on the line.

Thoughts???

Topic #19487 | Report this topic

nutter  
Years ago

I was watching this game live at uni. I was amazing to watch. The way Charlotte seemed to panic when PP drove with about 4 seconds to go seemed to leave Allen to do as he pleased.

Awesome effort.

Reply #230665 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

No doubt Ray Allen is one of the best shooters we've ever seen.

He knows how to hit the spot and thrives on pressure.

As you said mate, he can have an off-night, but always knows when he needs to hit that one miracle shot.

He backs it up everytime.

Reply #230674 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

He does always seem to deliver, I can remember several from the last two seasons.

82games.com backs this up, it has him third over the last 5 regular seasons:

http://linky.com.au/giu3o

Reply #230677 | Report this post

Lethal 5, your celtic pride makes me sick. Are you Ray Allen's love child or something.

Reply #230701 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Better than being whiny Sacha Vujajic's biatch, Larry. Now go mow your own lawn.

Reply #230708 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Ha ha Larry, I know it's you... Rambis lover!

Jump on the Celtics/Ray Allen bandwagon before it's too late.

Reply #230713 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Great game yesterday, watched the replay last night. Celtics really nodded off and got themselves in a hole at the end of the 3rd, but it was impressive the way they were able to score under pressure and put the squeeze on the Bobcats at the end.

I'm pretty worried about the Celtics getting past Orlando and Cleveland without a healthy KG, but they are still tough offensively with Pierce and Allen on the wings.

Time and again this season, I've watched teams pick their poison. The Bobcats decided they were going to keep Allen under lock and key all game and so Pierce went off for 30 points.

Come overtime, the Bobcats gave Allen just the smallest openings for those two critical threes and he absolutely nailed them for it. The first one he got the switch on the screen, so that the less mobile Okafor was on him, and got just enough space to get the shot off. Then, for the gamewinner, Wallace did a great job of recovering and got his hand right up to challenge Allen, but it was just a split second late. Game over!

Eddie House had another great game too. His shooting is what got them close enough to strike in regulation. He would have to be close to the fastest shooter in the league.

After committing some bone-headed fouls and TOs earlier in the game, Perk really redeemed himself late with some great blocks, defence and rebounding. Clifford Ray and Garnett have really taught him well. Just wish they would chew him out for arguing with the refs on every call - you can see how much it p*sses them off and results in 50-50s going against Perk at critical times.

The Bobcats have been one of my favourite teams for the past couple of years, mainly because of the way they always take it to Boston. There have been several epic games between the two in recent times, and this is not the first time Allen has burnt them with a three at the end. I feel sorry for them, because they have improved tremendously this year under Brown, beat the Lakers yesterday and deserved to beat a careless Boston too. I hope they are able to scrape into the 8th seed and get a taste of post-season action for the first time.

Reply #230714 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Great summary Beantown, nice work. Couldn't agree more.

I just hope KG is fit & healthy come playoff time, cos as you said, they'll really stuggle against Howard & LBJ without him at or near his peak!

Reply #230716 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Ray has always been clutch, and has always stepped up come playoffs. For Bucks, Sonics, and now Celts. Has ice cold veins and supreme confidence.

Reply #230720 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I've now got a Allen voodoo doll..... That's the second time we taken a win away from the Cats......

*($#

He's still got the nicest looking jumper in the game...

Reply #230729 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Ray Allen is dope, silky jump shot and no ego.
Eddie House is one of my favourite 3point shooters at the mo and Rajon Rondo is having a mean season also, they almost make me want to be a Boston fan, almost...

Reply #230819 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754