Drb
Years ago

Daniel Joyce throws 41 points and 10 assists

Pretty impressive effort by Daniel Joyce over the weekend throwing 41 points and 10 assists in only his third game.

Topic #19507 | Report this topic

HAHA  
Years ago

April Fools has been and gone.

Reply #230882 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Gold Haha

Reply #230885 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

and pigs fly right?

Reply #230888 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

41 and 9 actually in 35:27

Reply #230890 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Was this playing in a Social comp, or did he go school some primary school kids??

Reply #230907 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

They were kindy kids.

Reply #230917 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

go easy it was in the ABA comp in sydney.

Reply #230919 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

good to see,i hope the kid proves every body wrong!!

all the crap the poor kid has recieved will make him a strong person and maybe a good nbl prospect in the future !

Reply #230928 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

No bones about it, the cat can play. Shame he's been sullied so much by his involvement with his Dad but then again, it didn't do Andrew Gaze any harm.

Reply #230937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One difference.
A Gaze played NBA and was also talented.

Reply #230945 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

That's 2 differences you numpty.

Reply #230953 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

For everyone who has posted negatively on this thread about DJ, please state your qualifications. If you are truly a better player, then provide some credentials, if not, then shut up. He is a young kid working his butt off to make it to the top. He doesn't need this sort of crap.

Reply #230955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many points did the person he was defending score?

Reply #230956 | Report this post

Years ago

So EC, when you post negatively about players and coaches on here, should you state your qualifications or provide your credentials on whether your a better player or coach or should you just shut up as well? Bloody hypocrite!

Reply #230957 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Come on EC, you post negative stuff about coaches and players whenever you have an opinion to share and your credentials when it come to basketball are limited to attending ABL and NBL games for the last few years, right?

It's not as though someone needs to be a musical virtuoso to judge Britney Spears, for example.

Reply #230958 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

There is constant insults on this forum regarding Daniel Joyce and I can't see where it comes from. My negative posts regarding coaches and players goes towards expecting a better quality product for the money and time I spend supporting the NBL. I am sure I am not alone in this expectation. Its true I do support both NBL and ABL. I enjoy both but expect a lot more out of NBL. I also don't make my insults personal. I keep it in the context that it is meant. Considering Daniel Joyce is a young player who has not reached his potential yet, he is probably not being paid any more than he is worth for his experience and certainly not at ABL level. He should be encouraged not discouraged. I've raised 2 children myself that are now young adults. Their encouragement came from praising the good things they do and not focusing on the bad. Focusing on the bad makes them give up, focusing on the good makes them continue on. Why would anyone want to discourage what Daniel Joyce is doing. He is putting in the hard work, let him reap the benefit. In fact I'm not the only one who has noticed on this thread that he is being unfairly criticized. Every thread that there has been about Daniel, the same things come up.

Reply #230962 | Report this post

Clips  
Years ago

EC, part of being a professional athlete is taking criticism in your stride. ALL pro athletes should expect to have negative remarks made about them. Face it, it comes with the job.

And regardless of each of our basketball qualifications, we all have the right to comment. I don't think I've ever seen anyone told to "OMG STFU WEr IS YO CREDENTIALZ LALZ" when they cheer or talk positive about a player or team. It's just part of the ups and downs that come with the job.

Reply #230969 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

EC - it's called taking the p*ss. It's in our blood. It's how we communicate. I'm pretty sure none of it is personal towards SOJ, it's all just for laughs. The fact of the matter is the poor lad has been in his old man's "f*cking" shadow for a while now and we all would like to see him prove himself without being told to "go and be a f*cking hero" by his number 1.

Reply #230970 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

thats gold,

Reply #230979 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

it was truly a classic falling from grace for brendan,he has gone from possibly the next boomers coach to struggling to get a gig in the nbl this year.
im not really sure what happened,i think not one thing in particular,more a combination of things that really seemed to be IN brendans control.

CONTROL,when mis-used in a manner that involves ones famiy member in the work place is an absolute
mine field, you open yourself up to all sorts of accusations,some justified some not.

the character assasination of the family member not in control, is not justified !!

Reply #230981 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

EC he sucks that's why we bag him

Reply #230994 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

EC totally agree with everything you posted, there are people who just post personal attacks for example SVD last post.

I just think it must be a jealousy thing, daniel joyce is a good player and he is only going to improve.

Reply #231026 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Drb ... it was a joke joyce

Reply #231029 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

he is only going to improve
I think that's unintentionally quite amusing!

Drb, so when you've made comments about Joey Wright, the new coach of the Blaze, have you stated your credentials?

Reply #231030 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Hilarious!
God I love the hipocrisy in this thread!

Reply #231038 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Yes I am afraid if you play professional sport you are up for criticsm and being taken the p--- out of espec. when Dad is a total Loud mouth .
Does he deserve it probably not he gave our NBA trialist point guard a hiding at the Dome this year

Reply #231080 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

The fact is, it is his dads fault for giving him more court time than he warrants and then putting his name up for nearly every award possible and not receiving a single vote from the rest of league. He is not a bad player but probably shouldn't be playing as much as he does

Reply #231084 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

EC that is rediculous. If there was no analysis of player or coach performance on these threads there would be no forum. Also last time i checked there arent exactly many NBL players on the forum and therefore according to you nobody here can speak negatively about any player. What a stupid concept.

If you go by that strategy because you havent lead a terrorist organisation, you cant criticise Osama Bin Laden's decision making.

You need your head checked.

Reply #231153 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, I have always had respect for your sensible comments on this forum but you have taken me by surprise this time. You are the last person I would have expected to encourage the criticism on a young player working hard to get better. I can look past the influence his father has had and look at him as an individual working towards improving himself as a player. Whether his father has been an influence or not, he has laid the foundation which has made him the player that he is, now its up to him to improve on it. I certainly would not knock him for that.

Reply #231170 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Then don't, but don't pretend that someone else needs to be a current NBL player with 15 seasons under their belt to offer criticism of a player's performance. And that position has even less relevance when you isolate it to something subjective like 'just younger players' (to avoid your comments on someone like Ninnis being raised - oh wait, what about Ingles and his horrible smirking?!).

Reply #231175 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

In the words of Pauline Hanson "Please Explain". have no idea what you are talking about. I would not be drawing any connection to my comments on Ninnis to my comments on Joyce Junior. Ninnis holds one of the top positions in his field as basketball coach in Australia. My expectation of him reflects this and in my opinion his results this past season has left a lot to be desired. Its not personal against Ninnis as he lacks experience at this level but on Hemmerling for giving him the role. I would not put anywhere near that sort of pressure on Joyce Junior's performance as he is a rookie working his way up. As for the comments on Ingles, he only continues to emphasize my opinion of him. Did you attend the Sturt/Tigers game on the weekend? I don't know what Ingles was trying to prove getting out there, but I was under the false impression that he was actually going to help his team. He did nothing for them to the extent that he did not even look like he was interested in giving too much. I am not that bad a judge of body language and what I saw on Saturday night was quite clear to me what I saw. I actually made a 100 kilometre round trip especially to see him play and I wont say it was a waste of a trip because Sturt's performance made up for it. I know he is heading overseas, he was wanting to get some match fitness without the risk of injury but how much preparation are you making when you are not preparing yourself for the competitive aspect of your next assignment? Sorry, until I see something else, my comments stand.

Reply #231177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done daniel,
every body has good and bad games.
the good players have more good than bad

Reply #231179 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

EC, I think you need to relax just a little. Take a chillpill, so to speak. It's all good fun.

Reply #231193 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Honestly, I quite agree with people agreeing with the importance of criticism in sport. As a coach myself I've worked at the top level of basketball in the world (so I think I'd have the "credential" to make comments), I've always been a critical guy with my athletes knowing that there are enough cheerleaders out there praising them, without no "constructive" criticism there's going to be no improvements.

With this said however I've always followed a rule for my players that every negative follows by a positive (with exceptions here and there).

And believe me EC, by providing criticisms I've produced some Div1+2 college athletes...If Daniel is smart, everything he's hearing should be a driving force to prove people wrong! In the same token the best player in the world (Kobe *cough*) receive so much cricism still. And you think how he improves?

MJ missed high school basketball team selection with coach criticizing him and what happened?

Conclusion: it's part of sport and becoming a successful athlete.

Reply #231197 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Constructive criticism is fine, taking the piss out of someone is not. The sort of criticism that Joyce Junior has had on this forum falls into the "taking the piss out of" category. Not just this thread but others before this. He has become a very popular subject of late and mostly for the wrong reason. This thread started off as a complementary thread following a game of exceptional performance. What followed was far from constructive criticism, more like cheap shots. These examples for instance:

"Was this playing in a Social comp, or did he go school some primary school kids??"

"They were kindy kids."

This is my final word on the subject, I think I've covered quite well the point I have been trying to make.

Reply #231321 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Taking the piss out of someone is making a joke, and you don't think that is fine. So, Boti calling Chuck "Harmlessone", making jokes about Heal or Pero or taking the piss out of NZers accents is not OK in your books?

Reply #231324 | Report this post

fair is fair  
Years ago

EC,

I take offence to your comments about Ingles and would suggest you do not have any idea in regards to the reasons why he played for the Tigers.

Also considering your comments in this thread can you please share with us your qualifications in body language and sports psychology before you post another person comment about an ABL player.

In regards to the Scott Ninnis comments can you please share with us your credentials in sports management before making another attack on Dr. Hemmerling's decision making.

Your rules, I think it's only fair you conform to your own rules.

Reply #231338 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

To put his performance into perspective if I remember right Paul Bauer went for over 40 in an ABA grand final.

Reply #231343 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:55 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754