Anonymous
Years ago

New BA logo - what do you think?

Where can we see the new BA logo? Any links?

Topic #19524 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #231111 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

anyone ever seen a basketball that looks like that?

Reply #231130 | Report this post

hops 64  
Years ago

This must be the worst logo in sports history. Was this a grade three class assignment?

Reply #231131 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anyone ever seen a soccer ball like the A-League logo?

Main thing I don't like is the bottom right corner. IMO, the right side should've been squared or symmetrical - broad-radius rounded corners are currently about as fashionable as Bernie Madoff. The width of "everyone's game" could've matched "Basketball" and the script could've been a different tint - grey or orange perhaps.

I don't think it's the worst logo ever though, by any stretch. Should be serviceable at the very least.

Reply #231134 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

... I like it. It pisses all over the Spirit logo, & its better than the Kings sonic hedgehog logo.

The song "Everyone's Game" is quite good. I was at the launch @ Fed Square down here in melbourne.... & when the woman came on I thought she was gonna do an acoustic version of "Holy Grail" ... but its quite a catchy tune.

Give BA credit for having a go & trying something fresh.

Reply #231137 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

Having a go and trying something different? What was wrong with the old logo? It is by far the worst logo ever!!! It makes BA and therefore everyone involved in basketball in SA look second rate! People from other sports must think the people running basketball in this country are hopeless, and I dont blame them.

Reply #231139 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

... Ok. You design a better logo & lets have a poll. FFS ..... are some of you just ready to whinge & whine about anything BA do?? Sure they've made some shitty decisions in the past ..... but how about we give them credit for something that doesn't look like its been knocked up on MS Powerpoint??

Reply #231140 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

The style reminds me of a nursing home or retirement village sign!

Reply #231141 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

and still nothing on the nbl site about anything that happened today.

if they want to show change and get support , how about doing things that are basics.

Reply #231143 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I, for one, am happy with it, and everything else they have done thus far.

I, for one, will be singing the praises of the new league at every opportunity.

I want my sport to survive and even (oh my god) prosper.

Isaac critiqued with a designers eye. "Grade three project" and "worst logo ever" are just useless bitches.

All you nay sayers can bugger off, and quick, so those of us who want a successful league can get on with the job.

Seriously, this is our best opportunity ever, Sengstock is as good a person for the role as we're going to find and we should be pumping it up as much as we can. I don't like everything they're doing, but its a direction and they're going for it.....good on 'em! I sure as hell am going to reserve my judgement for something far more important than the logo.

Reply #231144 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I agree- we've got so used to shitting on certain things because we've been desperate for positive change and now that we've got it we're still in critical mode.
The tide is finally turning, so let's be happy with the changes we have so far.
Small steps people- it can't be easy no matter which way you look at it- the logo etc are minor issues- the on-court stuff is what's going to get basketball knockers noticing in an undeniable way- not the logo!

Reply #231145 | Report this post

Kelvination  
Years ago

Despite it being very A-League, it's still quite fresh and modern.

I guess Orange is closer to a Basketball colour than soccer ball.

It's also not the competition logo, but the that of the National body.

It probably should have incorporated the word "Australia" in it and had some Green & Gold (yes, they aren't as easy to work with as the following examples but it's still our colours)

I'd hardly call it the worse logo ever, far from it.

It's on par with

BBNZ
http://www.wellingtonbasketball.co.nz/images/bbnz-black-logo-web8.jpg

USA Basketball looks more '3rd Grade' and its stood the test of time.
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0227/recruit_usa_basketball_300.jpg

Reply #231150 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dicko and HAHA - good posts. I actually went out of my way to track down and email Sengstock after the announcement to wish him luck. He won't know me at all, but hopefully all those tiny supportive gestures add up to confidence for the right people to take the league and sport in the right direction.

Kelvination, good points re colours and "Australia".

Reply #231151 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Actually Kevination, if you read the material its not the logo of the governing body, its the brand representation for the sport. The emphasis is the use of the word basketball, not an attempt to iconise "basketball australia"....interesting strategy, and as a i said about the tagline, until they cultivate its use and we all understand that, its pretty hard to judge.

Reply #231152 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Isaac, if he still has connections with SGL they might pass it on for you?

Reply #231154 | Report this post

Kelvination  
Years ago

Good point HO.

Will be interesting to see the whole thing pan out.

Reply #231156 | Report this post

knox_team  
Years ago

I like it- its fresh/different and good on them for having a go with something new. Hopefully we all give the new admin a bit of time to see how they develop the game but hey for us hoops fans at least we finally know they are trying to make changes for the better.

Reply #231160 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I mean I guess they're urging people anyone can play basketball, but is that really the problem? they don't have enough participation for the sport? Still an alright logo I guess

Reply #231163 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Don't have enough participation?
Have you read the review findings that were published 6 MONTHS AGO?
We've got a lot of ground to cover with you haven't we? ^^

Reply #231166 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sengstock spoke about 600,000 participation at the moment, and getting trust back into the NBL.
(tonites TV news)

Reply #231169 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

my question about the whole participation thing is, is that the problem they need to address? obviously not. So why make that your emphasis on your logo?

And if they believe it's a participation issue then it simply means they still haven't reflected on themselves and blames things on other reasons.

Reply #231172 | Report this post

Alamo  
Years ago

The issue i have is that this logo is very average, lets be honest, its super lame.

BECAUSE - it was another initiative of the old crew. I'm sure Larry is very supportive of the new look but I'd love to hear what he tells his wife he thinks of the 'new look'.

'Everyone's game' - Do they think that Basketball may possibly now be refered to as 'everyone's game???' as in, 'The world game...?'

But it is better than the Spirit logo.... but so is the 80's St.Kilda 'stickman' logo

Reply #231173 | Report this post

Interested  
Years ago

Not a great fan of the Logo, sad to say I do think NZ or Soccer when I first glance at it. I really thought the old logo truly reprented the National Body for Basketball and also highlighted that it was Australian, as it had the Kangaroo and the Green and Gold. Same old story, simple sometimes is just better. It could have done with a bit of a re-colour and the like, but not getting rid of and getting out there again, even Qantas has kept their Kangaroo they just sharpened up the edges.

Bit disappointed that I didn't hear anything on any news reports about how things went today, but I guess it's not like it's football, when was the last time you heard a basketball player up on rape charges, assault or drink driving???? Seems we need someone to muck up to get some real publicity out there...or go broke! but even then, that doesn't make news anymore for basketball....looks like AFL have it in the bag again.

Reply #231176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet again paid for some thing not worth while

Reply #231181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hmmm... makes me think of strepsils when I look at it. That's my initial impression.

Reply #231187 | Report this post

mr black  
Years ago

yep...definately the strepsils logo rehashed

Reply #231189 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Not a fan of that ball, at all.
I like the new slogan , and what they did today, and what they are setting out to achieve.

Reply #231190 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

average, but so what!!!! When has a logo ever made a major difference with a sporting league??

Mcdonalds logo works cos it's curved and incorporates gold and red - these 3 things combined, according to psychologists make people hungry. As for basketball (especially australian b'ball) won't make a major difference either way, unless the logo is of an ugly woman giving birth or some such thing.

It's what comes later that will or won't bring the punters in.

Reply #231199 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Have a look at the VJBL website and they have used it to revamp their logo...

Link: http://linky.com.au/3pxm1

Looks OK...not sure about the classic one though.

Reply #231238 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Now Basketball Victoria have flicked the switch on their new website as well. They have dunmped their old Interfuse website and gone with SportingPulse.

Link: http://linky.com.au/c6vfx

Reply #231284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like it. Aussie front man & a modern interpretation of the Molten. Nice.
Head Office moving back to Melbourne, is a good thing too.
Bring it Senger.

Reply #231481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks like a complete rip-off of the A-League logo.

Reply #234405 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754