curious
Years ago

McLeod to coach Hawks?

Gordie looks to be a favourite to coach the Hawks if they are admitted next season.
In this article.
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/sport/basketball/gordon-mcleod-lead-candidate-for-hawks-job/1482566.aspx

Topic #19537 | Report this topic

kmtw  
Years ago

Yes Please!

Reply #231336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder how many people will head the title of this thread and think 'oh my Clarkson is getting the sack, McLeod is retiring and going to coach Hawthorn.

Reply #231337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm probably not many...?

Reply #231344 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

It did enter my mind

Reply #231345 | Report this post

Bendarn Joce  
Years ago

You've got to be f***ing kidding me!

Reply #231351 | Report this post

Denial Joce  
Years ago

I think the Gold Coast coach would be a good choice, I think he is free next season.

Reply #231352 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Gordie is still amoungst the most recognisable basketball names to the average Joe public in Wollongong. He will not only do a great job as coach, he will help to bring back a lot of fans who have distanced themselves from the Hawks since the breakup of the Hawks and the IABA many years ago.A class act and if he is appointed, from what I know of him,he will not only work with the Hawks, but will put lots of time in to the general development of basketball in the region.

Reply #231387 | Report this post

Dang!  
Years ago

I think Gordie will be coaching the NZ team next year. They have money and he is already there getting the team together.

Reply #231389 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

Maybe Harmison should coach the Hawks. He copped a lot of flack for his job as CEO (which was unfair as he was the only bloke who put his hand up to do it)& this could be his revenge.
I know one thing for sure - if Cooks coaches again they will be average & miss the playoffs no matter how much talent on the roster!!

Reply #231412 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Gordie actually taught me to do a lay up when i was 16..They had left and right feet painted on the floor. If only i'd paid attention.

Reply #231426 | Report this post

I would love to get Cooks back, he put a competitive team on the floor paying close to 50% less than other teams budgets.

Reply #231454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754