happy man
Years ago

Stadium canteens - best food, drinks, service?

Best hot spud, vilis pastie, donut, fruit salad and service i've ever had.

Props to the wayville canteen and the lady/guys running it!

I urge you to try their food because it was so good!

Topic #19550 | Report this topic

hot food  
Years ago

maybe we could the to show the dome staff how to run a canteen at the next 6ers game??????????

Reply #231485 | Report this post

hot food  
Years ago

sorry----get them

Reply #231486 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Yeah Wayville are good and right up there. Definitely worth there performance.
Loves the Villis

Reply #231489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mavs hotdogs cant be beaten

Reply #231490 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

M/vale for the hot chips award

Reply #231491 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Dome canteens are definitely the worst in the state, possibly the country.
The layout of the canteen is all wrong, the people behind the counter have to run all over the place, there doesn't seem to be any planning or organisation.

To improve:
* Move registers to outside area
* Enter and select food, then line up to pay
(This stops you from getting caught behind some guy who wants 10 buckets of chips and they are fluffing around loading him up when all you have is a cornetto)
(correction WISH you had a cornetto)

Reply #231504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hillcrest flat dog!!!!

Reply #231506 | Report this post

gravity man  
Years ago

Wayville by far,best service,as long they keep that mummys boy lady out of canteen that be fine ,keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #231521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get a life Jack!

Reply #231522 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I thought I recognised you behind the counter!

Reply #231523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack,

When the Dome had their open day they discussed plans to turn 3 of the Kiosks into self serve kiosks like they have at the MCG and at certain locations within AAMI.

Unfortunately to upgrade them from the way they are now (which hasn't changed since 1992) to self serve would have cost an estimated $800k in renovations and equipment.

Considering the club loses money and the owner of the building is broke I don't see that happening.

Reply #231537 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Ouch!
Good to hear they have considered an upgrade.

I don't believe it needs to be that grandios though...

Reply #231538 | Report this post

fox  
Years ago

I second the Mavs squishy dogs.
I reckon they have the most reasonable prices too !

Woodville Canteen is pretty good, pity they can't just have that open for Lightning & 36er games.

Reply #231556 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Wayville would be the best, but their drink range is pathetic, Pasadena has it over them on that count...too bad if you don't like soft drinks and you are at hte dome. And they are always out of food just before the start of the last game...who would have thought that they oeprate each time there are games on with the way they run out of food and drinks before the end of the night. Love villi's but they never seem to have any left by the time that last game starts.

Reply #231582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hillcrest dogs are average. had them not cooked before !

Reply #231619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perry Lakes stadium in Perth. Best chicken burgers going round.

Reply #231713 | Report this post

The Lady!  
Years ago

Hey guys all get a life. When you have volunteered to run a canteen then you can have a valid opinion. Let the hotdogs take care of themselves and just support your club in anyway you can. If that means buying a drink or a hot dog every time you go to a game so be it.

Reply #231820 | Report this post

T-DOG  
Years ago

Wayville won't set any speed records. They need an express lane for coaches who leave their gathering of refreshments till 2 mins before the game.

+1 for the egg & bacon sanga on good friday.

Reply #231917 | Report this post

Nose it all  
Years ago

Yup, had a stone cold hot dog in a hot bun a Hillcrest.

Best hot dog I have had is from the Woodville canteen.

Reply #231985 | Report this post

fresh food  
Years ago

agree about woody canteen - had a freshly made fruit salad and chicken sandwich over norwood carnival - finally a canteen looking to provide quality - seriously how much longer can hot dogd and pies be basketball staple diet -
bring back the milk shakes please - fresh is best

Reply #232039 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

agree with #820 - unless you got some idea about profit / loss margins - get a life -
stock not sold is money lost- want something get to canteen early - dont expect any canteen to be holding plenty of stock heading into last games in case you might fill hungry - hey place an order like you did at school or bring you own or pop into local deli i sure they be open waiting for your business onn your way home - i think not
and i sure all canteen staff are highly paid - happy to sit around waiting for the last customer -
To all canteen volunteers thanks you are appreciated by vast majority - those who dont agree go suck on a savv

Reply #232041 | Report this post

hoops96  
Years ago

the hillcrest squishy dogs are the best hot dogs i have ever had. i love them.

Reply #232590 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Problem solved, no food at last game, don't buy food, no profit to stadium. Thanks for that hot tip.
Like the canteen lady is the only volunteer, how about those of us who DO referee, coach, and do general work for our beloved clubs, thats all I am talking about. Not like I am just some parent who had time to make food to come down and watch my son play the 9:30pm game.
Accolades go to:
Woodville Canteen - might not be able to mvoe in there, but the range in such a small canteen is fabulous..in terms of drinks and food. Plus THE PRICE IS RIGHT!
Wayville - has a great line...who cares about delays -coaches preach organisation, buy your drink more than 2 mins out from the game or ask your manager to bring one for you. They are always friendly there too.
West Adelaide - friendly and well stacked
Mars - seems slow to start and quick to finish.
North Adelaide - is there a canteen in that stadium???

Thank you to the volunteers in the canteens, as reality is that is where the actual clubs get their revenue.

Reply #232602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I work at the Wayville stadium canteen and we almost never run out of stock unless it's really really busy and we all work our hardest to keep up to speed with everyone, if we are too slow for you we apologise but please understand our position serving hundreds of people every day.

Reply #364255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And herein lies the imbalance of clubs that have and clubs that do not have. More courts; more games scheduled there through the week; better social comp set up = more cash generated by those have clubs v the have nots.

I wish our club got a 100 people a week through the canteen!!

Reply #364261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And herein lies the imbalance of clubs that have and clubs that do not have. More courts; more games scheduled there through the week; better social comp set up = more cash generated by those have clubs v the have nots.

I wish our club got a 100 people a week through the canteen!!

Reply #364262 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754