Years ago

state champs Q

is that weekend a long weekend?

when will the website be updated?

what round was the seedings taken from?

Topic #19562 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a long weekend which is why games are being played on Thursday night and Finals on Sunday arvo.

Website will probably be updated once they have information to update it with

Seedings were taken from the Summer Season after a full round was completed.

Reply #231671 | Report this post

march madness  
Years ago

cheers

Reply #231674 | Report this post

allo allo  
Years ago

State champs have lost there relevance now we have no selection for nationals.

expensive waste of time.

Reply #231684 | Report this post

wayville57  
Years ago

allo allo - what about Classics selection?

Reply #231685 | Report this post

allo allo  
Years ago

May as well do it the same way.

Teams at the end of the first round and let us not waste another weekend getting results we already know. And the expense!!

Reply #231691 | Report this post

Pulteney 77  
Years ago

allo allo, they have only "lost relevance" to you as you have no chance of winning them, I am guessing!

Reply #231700 | Report this post

allo allo  
Years ago

Probably correct.

I just think we have too many commitments now.

With no long weekend and the abilty to go with champion club at the end of winter season I just can see that we could save both time and money.

The next month we are all off to Classics which cost a fortune as it is.

Reply #231702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree the state champs are meaningless to all but two or three clubs.
Easter carnival was a disaster considering the proximity to U18 nationals and those implications and the state champs will be the same as it falls on the end of the 18 nationals.
Get rid of summer season, get rid of the Easter carnival and scrap the state champs and award the title based on winter results.
Norwood run an excellent carnival but the timing is poor and families need a break from the endless grind, yes grind , that basketball in SA has become.
Kids don't need to play all year round and this, combined with the ridiculous distance involved to play are having an effect.

Reply #231706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stuff it then, let's just play one game per year each, and whoever has the biggest margin wins that game, summer and winter, state champs in their state, nationals, classics, Norwood carnival and every other tournament they can think of.

Also if they win by more than the margin between the lakers and celtics, we will name them NBA champions too.

Reply #231710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally some sense #710 though can we schedule this one game so it doesn't conflict with other sports?

Reply #231717 | Report this post

Mushroom  
Years ago

So can someone pplease clarify...if your team played like crap in the Norwood Carnival and State Champs but do well in the District Comp eg finished 1st in summer and doing very well in winter would you still get a berth at Classics, how are you graded for an invitation to Classics?

Reply #231734 | Report this post

wayville57  
Years ago

Mushroom - Easter, summer and winter have no relevance to Classics invitations. State Champs finishing position decides who gets invited.

Reply #231735 | Report this post

Mushroom  
Years ago

Thank you....

Reply #231736 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

anon #231706 I don't agree with all of your suggestions but I think some of them are very good. I've got two kids that play the game, love the game, may be good when they get older, but we are busting our balls to keep up with all of the expense of it all. Something soon is going to have to give.....

Reply #231747 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

State Champs pools and seedings have been sent to all clubs today. Draft draw will be out shortly.

Reply #231789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On website, go to

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/index.php?id=68

Reply #231796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see that Magic have nominated their Div 2 U 12 team in the State champs, not Reserves. From what I have seen of them they would be half a chance.

Is it possible for them to get an invite to the classics if they finish in the top couple even though they are a div 2 team??

Reply #232061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they have nominated for Classics, and qualify, then yes, they can go.

Reply #232151 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754