Melvin Corpuscle
Years ago

Garnett likely done for season

http://linky.com.au/s8yam

"Rivers said Thursday he watched Garnett run at the team's practice facility and said he had to shut him down after 20 minutes because his leg was locking up. Rivers knew he made the right call when Garnett didn't put up a fight. "

Dont see the C's getting very far, puts Cleveland firmly as favourite now ...

Topic #19585 | Report this topic

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, its been looking like bad news for the Celtics for several weeks, with KG's return being pushed back further and further.

Cleveland are now overwhelming favourites, but I still give the Celtics a shot at getting to the conference finals. Rivers still has the whole team very focused, Davis has done an admirable job filling KG's role, and Pierce and Allen in particular are going to take this as the ultimate challenge - to win without KG!

The Boston Globe has a good article as well. It is definitely going to be an us against the world attitude and there is going to be zero pressure on the Celtics if they make it to the conference finals!

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/04/rivers_garnett.html

Reply #231960 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Another positive for the Celtics is that Rondo is continuing to emerge as a star.

This season he had stats of

12ppg, 8apg, 5rpg, 2spg!

I don't think they are finished with this season!

Reply #231963 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hehe, very kind of you Kingjames, but I think this could finally be the Cavs year!

Hmmmm.... it would be cool to see Paul Pierce ice a tough jumper from the free throw line MJ style to knock out the Cavs again though!!!

Reply #231966 | Report this post

dcanwade  
Years ago

well it just have to be LeBron vs Kobe then !!! you can pretty much pencil that in - they might as well not go through the whole long playoff process and just get those 2 teams to play for the Championship - that's where its heading anyways

Reply #231970 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

dcanwade, always so negative!! Even if it is that matchup in the finals, it will still be interesting on how each team fares to that point.

But upsets do happen. Remember 2007 - Warriors over number one seed Mavs? 1994 - Nuggets over No.1 Sonics? 2004 - Pistons over Lakers in the Finals?

I think there may be a couple upsets before these playoffs are done.

Reply #232006 | Report this post

bleedgreen  
Years ago

I have a bad feeling the Cavs will be hearing 'beat LA' from the Boston terraces in the conference final.

Reply #232043 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754