bbfan
Years ago

Boomers assistant coaches

if ba was smart they would bring some ex olympic players into the assisant coaches role. look at the nba most of the coaches are ex players.with such a young boomers team they need people around them who have been there and had olympic experience to help them get to the next level.you have a wealth of experience in gaze who has lead the world in scoring, and heal who lead the world in assist and top ten in scoring at the olympic level.typical basketball australia would want people like bevridge who has never played the game.

Topic #19586 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Rumour is Shane Heal and/or Andrej Lemanis.

Reply #231973 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

I'd like to see Brett Brown talk to Marty Clarke about being an assistant as he has been involved with most of the team as juniors.
Also Gaze is a good option, purely for knowledge of the international game, what about Longley?

Reply #231974 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

Gordie and Bevo

Reply #231980 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

what about vlahov??

he always took it to the international bigs.

i think if he held a role like that it would really help the boomers!!

Reply #231981 | Report this post

bbfan  
Years ago

i agree with the rumour isaac. i think heal and lemanis would be a great combination.i think you need the mentality of a point gaurd thats been there and done it at a international level.mills will need the knowledge of heal to help him.

Reply #231989 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

lemains you have got to be joking, he wasnt even a starter in the nbl let alone internationally.

He has underperformed with a star studded roster at the breakers, please there is no way in the world lemanis should even be considered.

Gordie have played for australia at international level.

Bevo has coached at an international level.

Shane - i suggest will invest in his personal business.

Reply #231993 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

Clarke has done nothing with the Junior Boomers teams. Plus, he has a confrontational attitude towards officialdom which does not win him any friends internationally.

Has the same reputation internationally as Stacker and Molloy..............whinger

Reply #232019 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

If Brown takes Heal & Lemanis you have 3 point guards as coaches. It would be smart to take someone with big man specialties.

No one has mentioned Gleeson - he's a great coach !!

Reply #232026 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Lets get real Heal has already destroyed enough programs.His last attempt at coaching with all the money behind him and he finished last.After that he blamed everyone else except himself.Lets at least get a few coaches that have had success here.Heal does not qualify.

Reply #232044 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I got a name and a little "insider"...D-Mac. He's a guy who really understands the game and provides excellent scouting report.

Reply #232045 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:53 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754