Isaac
Years ago

Basketball Australia's theme song

Can anyone confirm if this is the track BA commissioned for their launch and potentially other uses?

Hoping it's not. Is it even worse than the last one BA or NBL or whoever organised? Are they going back to the same musicians?

I mean, "Basketball's cool" as your opening words?

Topic #19587 | Report this topic

guess  
Years ago

my god that is bad.

Reply #231975 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, sorry to say, but those lyrics are really lame. Music is okay, but it does rip off 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' to start with and then turns into a Pink song!

Reply #231982 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

what the hell was that?

the last time the NBL used a known theme song was when the league was going gang busters, I like to move it wasnt it?

A League used Scribe's hit when it launched.

Why the need for constantly ignoring proven succesful formulas?

Reply #231984 | Report this post

Nose it all  
Years ago

I thought it was "Down among the dead men" By Flash and the Pan.

Reply #231986 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

'Smells Like Teen Spirit' to start with and then turns into a Pink song!

Beantown - had almost the exact thought, but Avril Lavigne came to mind. That is bad - surely there was a more approriate track. Even if it was a 'family' type track.

Reply #231987 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Perth Wildcats are on the prowl!

If you haven't seen that, Youtube it. You'll be glad you did.

Reply #231994 | Report this post

Boomers  
Years ago

Thats the same themesong they've been playing at WNBL games for 2 years..?

Reply #232029 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Is there anyone in the know here that would know how much it would cost to buy the rights to a well known song and use that as the theme? More or less than commissioning a song with horrendous lyrics?

I like to move it move it was awesome back in the day, whereas this song brings nothing to the table besides opening the sport to ridicule.

"Playing at school, play by the rules, nothing can be much better."

At least they didn't use this as the BA Slogan: "Basketball - play by the rules"

Reply #232031 | Report this post

NBL should buy the rights to "Piece of Crap" or "F**king Up" by Neil Young - both are rather appropriate at the moment!!!

Reply #232049 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

definitely heard that before....

think your right boomers, i believe i've heard it there before too

Reply #232105 | Report this post

meg  
Years ago

Wow. That opening riff is VERY similar to Holy Grail. I wonder if Mark Seymour has heard it yet?

That wouldn't be so bad if the song hadn't already been used to promote another sporting code in this country.

Cringeworthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nws1K56w8vg

Reply #232165 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:37 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754