lethal5
Years ago

Celtics vs Bulls - Game 2 "SPOILER"

I don't want to sound like a broken record but it can't be helped, cos Ray Allen has done it again!
Ray hit the game winning 3 pointer with 2 seconds remaining to clinch Game 2 at home, nailing the shot with a super quick release right in Noah's face. He also had 28 second half points for a total of 30, on 6 of 10 3-point shooting.

Rajon Rondo had a triple double despite sitting out the last 5 minutes of the first half. He finished with 19 pts, 12 rebs, 16 assists.

Gordon hit 42 for the Bulls, whilst Rose had a relatively quiet game.

But, once again Ray Allen has come up massive when the Celtics needed it... just as he has done so, so many times in recent years. He's just an unbelievable clutch shooter.

Apologies for my Celtic bias... I can't help it!!!

Topic #19611 | Report this topic

Big Sexy  
Years ago

He missed it in Game 1, I thought the game would have been bigger seen it gave home court to the bulls.

Reply #232267 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It was an awesome game. Ray Ray had 2 points to half time and then comes out in the 2nd half at hits 6/10 from beyond the arc. That last shot was all money..

Ben Gordon was out of his head. Some of his shots were ridiculous.. Bet the Bulls are now pissed that they paid Deng all the cash, and let Ben slip into unrestricted free agency..

Reply #232271 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

that Sugar Ray Allen is soooo sweet and silky smooth

Reply #232273 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

I want to know why the bulls subbed out gordon on the last play for Thomas?????? Unbelievable if live play by play was correct

Reply #232287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably because they were in defence, which Gordon isn't really known for.

Reply #232294 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That last play was impacted by the play before. Celts were down by 3 and called a timeout advancing the ball. During the timeout, they take out Ben who was guarding Ray and substitute Thomas. Thomas is better on D and way longer than Ben.

Inbound ball and Rondo messed around for a bit whilst Pierce sets a high screen, Ray comes off it dragging Noah out to guard him. Thomas is tied up with Pierce and Noah pops out. To Noah's credit he got out quick and was in Ray's grill. Ray just hit an incredible shot.

Bulls with no time out and around 2.2 seconds left have to inbound the ball from the baseline. Never a chance to get Ben back in.

Reply #232308 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sorry, my bad.... It was tied up on the Ray play...

Reply #232309 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here are the highlights including those last three baskets. Some tough shots from Allen:

He works pretty well on that last shot to get free. Always amazes me how hard those elite shooters like Allen, Maher, Penney, etc work purely to get any open look. Teams would rather a pressured shot from Allen, for example, than a pretty open look from Rondo.

Reply #232336 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:30 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754