cavalo
Years ago

Possible Placing Scenarios

Sorry everyone but I just couldn't help myself! So here they are...

Now these are all based on a 36ers win vs Cairns and are as a result of the Kings final two games, one which includes the Hawks final game (the only games which impact the Sixers IF they beat Cairns).

Scenario 1:- Kings beat Hawks & Pigs
Ladder
1. Kings 22-10
2. Sixers 20-12
3. Hawks 19-13

*Note - these standings will remain the same even if Kings lose to the Pigs, record will change to 21-11.

Scenario 2:- Kings beat pigs, lose to Hawks
Ladder
1. Kings 21-11
2. Hawks 20-12
3. Sixers 20-12 (lost season series to Hawks)

Scenario 3:- Kings lose to Hawks and Pigs
Ladder
1. Hawks 20-12
2. Kings 20-12
3. Sixers 20-12

The reason why these placings are as such is as follows:-

Due to three teams being tied, the combined head-to-head records come into effect. 36'ers, 3-4, Kings, 3-4, Hawks 4-2. As they can't be split properly, then it comes down to combined points for and against for the matches ONLY between these three teams. Hawks come out on top, remembering that this is with a Hawks win over Sydney. CURRENTLY their combined difference is +23, the Kings +12 and the Sixers -35. In effect, the Sixers would need the Hawks to beat the Kings by 58 points to take 2nd spot in this unlikely scenario!

Obviously Scenario 1 is the one which will give the Sixers the coveted 2nd spot so I guess we are all supporting the Brian Gorjian(?) led Kings for one game ONLY in our lives against the Hawks on Friday! GO YOU SIXERS!

Topic #1962 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

i hope your 3 hours that took to work out was worth it

Reply #22213 | Report this post

cavalo  
Years ago

Sorry cheezeburger, I hate to disappoint you but it was only about 10-15 minutes! =)

Reply #22222 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

if townsville win and we lose, we get 4th. and by the way, the hawks need to beat the kings by 48 points for us to get 2nd if the hawks and us both win. 12 - 48 = -36.

Reply #22224 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

How about this for a scenario if we lose to Taipans, the Tigers win both their games (home vs Wildcats & away vs Bullets) and Crocodiles win their game. Add a Kings win over the Hawks and you have four teams finishing with a 19-13 record, Sixers, Tigers, Hawks & Crocodiles.

There's one for you cavalo, care to work out the mini table and final positions for that one :-)

How unlucky would you be finishing equal 2nd but ending up in 5th place on the ladder and having to face 2 elimination games to reach the semis whilst the 2nd place team has a automatic road to the semis.

Reply #22299 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

if all that happens, which is not completely out of the question if the tigers can fire, and cairns put on a show for their last home game of the year, then the 36ers will be the team who finishes 5th. we have lost the season series to the hawks, crocs and tigers. wollongong will stay 2nd, townsville will snare 3rd, tigers 4th and the 6ers will be 5th.

Reply #22304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754