B-Easy
Years ago

Best shoe store in adelaide?

What would everyones opinion of the best store to buy new bball shoes from in Adelaide be?

I recently busted my shoes at training and am looking for a new pair, thanks too anyone that can help.

Note: Ive had ankle problems in the past, funnily enough i busted my ankle...again the same time i busted my shoes :S What are some good kicks specifically with good ankle support?

Thanks guys

Topic #19623 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

footlocker has a decent range

Reply #232412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you not work this type of question out on your own!? We as a culture rely so much on the internet for things we should be able to work out ourselves, by going into a couple of stores and seeing for yourselves!

Reply #232413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon it doesnt come that easy. why dont you just help him out and leave the bagging out of here.

Reply #232414 | Report this post

Years ago

I don't want to turn this into a whinge thread, but here are my problems with Foot Locker (I'm talking about the Rundle Mall store, as I don't go to any of the others):

- Get a bigger store. You can't ever go and look at something in there quickly without having to dodge 100 people and/or fall over people. It's ridiculously small.

- Get the more popular shoes in something other than the garish colourways. I'd like the option of something in a basic white or black that is available in some ranges, but they only ever seem to stock the odd colours.

- Get the more popular shoes in in sizes that people actually wear. They never seem to have anything in (without ordering it, which they seem to be reluctant to do for some reason) above a size 10 it seems.

- Get staff who can take some initiative and call another store and see if they have a shoe in you size if you don't have it there. For some reason they seem to be reluctant to do this.

I know it sounds like I have endless complaints, but these are things that really annoy me about Foot Locker. Still, that being said (and I'm going to sound very hypocritical here), they're still probably the best of a bad lot here in Adelaide. Rebel Sport, A-Mart and others (are there any others) just simply don't have that much of a range.

Reply #232417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why can't stores hold more of the normal sizes - like 15's for me!!

Reply #232419 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Anon 413 did you take into acount that maybe some people dont live near the CBD? Or even in the city at all? And maybe before going to all the effort of searching around adelaide with a fucked ankle they would like to hear what others have to say?

Agreed 3 it seems as if the footlocker in rundle is like the baby brohter of every other store and only gets the hand me downs noone else wants.

Thats another thing 413 i do infact know some other the larger stores and their location but wat about the smaller gems that do not advertise on a larger scale? Or the small out of the way stores that are actually better than some of their larger peers?

Reply #232420 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

anon419 I agree about shoe size I am a size 14 and when going into a store I just ask why bball shoes do you have in 14.
I am off to Melbourne next week so I am going to get some there hopefully. On that does anyone know any good stores in Melbourne for Bball shoes? I am mainly a Nike wearer (very disappointed the Nike store in the city has closed)

Reply #232422 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

bigsexy try Kicks101, i havent been there in a while but they have a decent range of stuff.

Reply #232423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think kickz101 (?) have a website showing what shoes they have and also what sizes they have available/in stock

Reply #232425 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Foot Lockers in Swanston Street & Causeway Street are pretty good in Melbourne. Both a street away from each other.

Kickz101 is probably one of the best in Melbourne.

I can't suggest anything in Adelaide.

Reply #232428 | Report this post

Go to footlocker store, try on the different brands, sizes and styles and then but it from footlocker.com and get it for half the price.

I've done this with my last 3 pairs

Reply #232445 | Report this post

Big Feet - UNITE!  
Years ago

Agree with a couple above.

As a size 14 if I find some 14's I normally buy them because you just never know when you might get 14's again.

For casual shoes try the Slatters factory shop, just down from the entrance to the Dome. They often have big sizes there, but you just need to pop in every now and then.

The Converse store at Harbor Town used to be fantastic for big sizes; however I have found over the last 6 months their bigger sizes have dried up.

Reply #232450 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How can you not work this type of question out on your own!? We as a culture rely so much on the internet for things we should be able to work out ourselves, by going into a couple of stores and seeing for yourselves!
Nothing wrong with relying "on the internet" to solve a problem (it's no different to looking in the Yellow Pages), but the problem comes when people ask problems that can be solved with a quick search.

However, that doesn't apply here - someone is looking for recommendations from peers. That's not something that the Yellow Pages can provide - they just put up the highest paying options first, not necessarily the best.

For shoes, go and see Adam-Nino in Rebel Sport or wherever he is these days. He's one of those people who will watch a game of basketball and then be able to tell you what model of shoe each player was wearing afterwards.

Reply #232458 | Report this post

crowfan  
Years ago

For B.Ball/Nike shoes.
Foot Locker in the city probably has the newest stuff (but limited colours/sizes as mentioned)
Foot Locker Marion and West Lakes could be worth a peak.
If you are in town you may as well check Hype (Rundle Mall) First in Flight (ebeneezer place) and maybe even Platypus (Myer Centre)
-
But if you are after new bball shoes i would just go get the new Kobe IV's from foot locker INCREDIBLE balling shoe.
-
In Melbourne don't forget Foot Locker on Chapel St that also has a pretty good range, but downstairs swanston is probably best.

Reply #232462 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Footlocker in Rundle Mall in my opnion has the best selection of basketball shoes (men) - especially in the larger sizes - we have been to the footlockers at the Westfields etc - they do not carry the styles or the sizes - generally though Footlocker Downstairs in Swanston Street Melbourne is where you will get the best styles and larger sizes. The guys there are very knowledgeable about the new styles that are being released etc, although there are a couple of guys in Rundle Mall that are quite up on the info as well.

Footlocker Rundle Mall have been searching for new digs for a while now - they realise the problems with the size of their store, then they will also be able to carry women's clothing as well.

I need help with something other that mens shoes though - what about larger womens feet 11+ which are extremly narrow does anyone have any suggestions for where to get womens basketball/casual shoes for this dilemma.

Reply #232465 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Thanks everyone

Reply #232466 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

If in Melbourne -try Smith Street Collingwood Nike outlet shop - every time I have been I have managed to get a choice of size 16 boots - unheard of having a choice in Adelaide!

Reply #232595 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

you need to go online. don't shop at footlocker/champs which is own by footlocker. they are a rip off. they have discount which their employee abuse and don't allow certain customers to use. i wouldn't trust footlocker employees. they purpose to get you into their store is to get you to buy the most expensive shoe and try to persuade you to buy the uncomfortable insole and wasteful cleaner. which doesn't work at all. trust me i use to work there.

Reply #274310 | Report this post

bballshoes  
Years ago

If the colour way is not at footlocker but you like the shoe and it fits you can just simply go to nikes online website and buy them there using the size that u tried out at footlocker.

Can anyone tell me if they think the orange or grey colour way is better on the kyrie 4s.
thanks

Reply #683847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nike shoes are overpriced crap though.

Reply #683860 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:18 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754