LC
Years ago

Derrick Rose named NBA Rookie of the Year

The NBA has annbounced that as expected my most, Rose is the Rookie of the Year!

NBA.com: http://linky.com.au/v0pfh

ESPN: http://linky.com.au/4b7s6

The voting (total in brackets):

1. Derrick Rose (574)
2. OJ Mayo (246)
3. Brook Lopez (127)
4. Russell Westbrook (73)
5. Eric Gordon (22)
6. Kevin Love (16)
7. Michael Beasley (7)
8. Marc Gasol (4)
9. Robin Lopez (3)
10. Rudy Fernandez (3)
11. Mario Chalmers (2)
12. Courtney Lee (2)
13. Nicholas Batum (1)

Topic #19627 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Wonder how many people 12 months ago would've guessed Beasley to get just 7 votes in ROTY voting?

Reply #232469 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Been a bit of a banner year for the consensus-picks so far! Howard for DPOY, Terry for sixth-man, Rose for ROY. I guess we can pen-in LeBron for MVP then.

Reply #232474 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I agree, people predicted Beasley to have more of an impact early. Everyone said picks 1 and 2 were so far apart from the rest of the field. I still think he will be a decent player in the future, probably around borderline all-star.

Reply #232477 | Report this post

bron  
Years ago

courtney lee should've got more votes. he is one of the only or the only player on that list that is starting on a playoff contender and performing

Reply #232492 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Rose's 36 points and 11 assists in Chicago's game 1 win didn't convince you?

Reply #232502 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

How did Robin Lopez get three votes??

Reply #232503 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Maybe they got Robin cofused with Brook..?

Reply #232520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

batu has done well, thought he would get more votes than just the one... starting on the trailblazers team i think almost every game this season... not a bad effort. just his work doesnt always show up in stats

Reply #232524 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Robin got one second place vote. Its just done by people in the media, and sometimes its just the local sportswriter who feels that player doesn't get enought credit, so puts in a vote for their player.

Its happened in the past with CP4:
"Paul was a near-unanimous winner for the award, but one voter (Ron Boone, television analyst for the Utah Jazz) gave Deron Williams his vote instead of Paul"
(from Chris Paul's wikipedia page)

Reply #232526 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

Well, I called it here two weeks into the season, so clearly, I am just awesome :)

He really does seem to be almost the total package. The way he is tracking, he will be giving the top two pgs a run for their money as early as the second half of next season. When his mid range jumper is dropping, teams cant stop him by cheating under the high screen.....and yes, I gizzed my pants in game 1 of the playoffs, and woke the house at 4.40am after he knocked down 5 straight jumpers.

Sidebar - Rondo is borderline elite already. God damned he is so long. Lanard Copelands illegitimate son really does look like an allstar already and while not quite as physically gifted as Rose with hops, he is an awesome athlete and freakishly long.

Well, back to the point, Im awesome as I picked Rose early, and to those mates that were giving me shite in the preseason when Beasley was smoking and Rose looked average, you know who you are.....MEH!.

Reply #232895 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754