Quagmire
Years ago

Jazz Lakers game 4 *Spoiler*

Morning all, keeping track of the game via espn boxscore....

I like what i've seen so far.

Kobe has been out of his skin... but the jazz are keeping pace. It would appear from the early going, that the slow paced game which has been so foreign to the jazz all season, is actually getting them back into this series....

Topic #19662 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

Well if you ever needed any proof for not posting opinions after the first quarter of a game, bookmark this thread.

Jazz down 11 near end of the first half.

Jazz bench playing well, Brewer and AK can't shoot and shouldn't be on the floor at the same time (unless AK is playing pf).

Okur should not be out there. Don't play injured players- and sure as hell don't start em if you do!

Long from over, would like to see Harp get some more burn...

If jazz get back and win this game- massive. Its clearly the game that LA have picked to be the one they go all out to win. Kobe is going to play hard all game and if the jazz can still win it... again...massive.

Reply #232931 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Two things from this game that indicate a 'must change' for the jazz.

1- No team will win with a Boozer/Okur frontcourt.
Last year i called for Boozer to be the one to go, but now it is clear to me that with a decent C by his side he would be dominant.

Looks like Okurs days in Utah are numbered.

2- The jazz have a huge hole on the wing. They are desperate for a player to play alongside Brewer and Miles is not the answer. Did someone say Raja Bell???

Reply #232936 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Boozer does everything he possibly could. The bench for the Jazz is probably the worst in the playoffs!

They are playing against the team that will probably win the finals this year and have pretty much been competitive the whole game. So it isn't such a bad effort.

Reply #232944 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I feel for Ronnie Brewer. He is the only guy capable of staying with Bryant, yet in offence i watched Kobe stand still, flat footed, 10ft off Ronnie daring him to shoot.

Ronnie can't shoot (or at least- not under the pressure of play-offs).

This is awful for Utah coz it means Bryant never gets tired because he is only working one half of the game!

Plus he is a threat to get steals and deflections whenever the jazz drive the paint.

Do Utah wave the flag and start Miles and Koufos next game?

Okur should be put on mothballs and AK is more value off the bench.

Reply #232945 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

13 wins to go...

Reply #232951 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Quagmire, Agree with you about Brewer. I just feel sorry for him, because he was playing some outstanding defence on Kobe, but Kobe hit some unbelievably tough shots. Did anyone see that one where the shot clock was counting down, he shot-faked, double pump then rose up over him..OMG!

Reply #232959 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

that is why the greatest is the greatest ever to play the game. when the man is on - he is unstoppable. Can anybody do the type of shots Kobe was hitting all game !!!

Reply #233043 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Playtime, some fact time. Kobe doesn't make the top ten players all time in my opinion. So calling him the greatest shows nothing but your age or IQ.

Reply #233076 | Report this post

beaniebear  
Years ago

when Kobe is on, all those terrible, forced jumpshots he takes (that should never be shot in the first place) make him look good. When he misses them, he looks downright awful and ruins his teams chances of winning. It makes me wonder if it is a Cavs Lakers finals series, if Kobe will again lose the series for his team.

Reply #233087 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Quagmire- you go anywhere in the states, don't worry about LA, and let's not count Boston, you'd hear most people count Kobe in top 10 of all time. The amount of record he's broken and growing I don't know how you would count him out of top 10 of all time.

In many categories he's joined and surpassed past greats. Especially it's been widely known that since MJ's dynasty there hasn't been an offensive force of this stature. With this statement you're talking about Charles, Kenny etc. (who definitely aren't Kobe fans) making the talk.

Also, just watched the game, those shots were ridiculous! Question is how many guys in NBA history not named Michael Jordan can constantly make those? Lebron certainly can't (not yet anyway)

Reply #233106 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

What records are you speaking of?

People talk a lot about his 'accomplishments'

Where's the beef?

Reply #233122 | Report this post

beaniebear  
Years ago

Kobe in the top 10 of all time, pfft. Top 50 definately, Top 20 possibly. For me, the guy still hasn't won anything, and has a better supporting cast than anyone else in the NBA. Admittedly, if he wins this year thoughts may change, but this article sums it up beautifully for me.

Reply #233126 | Report this post

beaniebear  
Years ago

Reply #233127 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

with this Karl Malone has always been on my mind of top 10 so should I count him out?

Reply #233141 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

the great Kobe has All star MVPs, MVP regular season, 3 titles, numereous scoring titles etc etc ... what hasn't the man accomplished?? - please stop being jealous

Reply #233159 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:29 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754