Isaac
Years ago

ESPN feature on Celtics' Rajon Rondo

ESPN has a quite lengthy but interesting feature on Celtics' point guard Rajon Rondo:

Before:

Rivers hauled his supposed floor leader into his office and asked him, "Do you know your teammates hate playing with you?"

Rondo displayed no emotion, but his coach's comments left him struggling to breathe.

"The point guard has to be the guy that brings energy to the team," Rivers chided him. "You can't be the guy that sucks it away. Your moodiness is affecting us. Change it."
After:
"He earned our trust," Pierce confirmed. "When you think about it, [his job] is probably a little intimidating. I can't imagine being a second- or third-year player and trying to divvy up the ball between three All-Stars."
Jackie MacMullan, ESPN: Rondo fast becoming Celts' leader

Topic #19663 | Report this topic

Beantown  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac, that was a good article. I hadn't heard the quote about how his team mates hated playing with him at first.

It just goes to show that the Boston Celtics of the last two years were not an inevitability. Imagine if Rondo hadn't managed to gain enough trust from Doc and Pierce? He would have been the one shipped to Minnesota and the Celtics would have been relying on Telfair to run the team!

Reply #232942 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Rondo is playing like an Allstar this season. I'm not a huge Boston fan but with guys like Rondo and Allen and Eddie House playing for them it's hard not to like them.

Reply #233031 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

no - with the great LeBron as good as he is - all the teams in the East might as well pack it in !!! Look at what happen to the so called mighty Pistons with LeBron killing them at only 50% effort

Reply #233084 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:48 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754