Jack Toft
Years ago

What happened to Centrals?

I looked at the box score and it seemed Centrals were up over Forestville 61:56 at half time, then slid away to an 85:112 loss (24:56 in second half)

No 3PM after half time. Were Eagles cr@p in the first half and came back, or did the Lions just run out of legs?

Topic #19667 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was talking to one of the players this morning at training. They shot great in the 1st half and very poorly in the 2nd half.

A bit off topic:-

As one great US shooting coach once stated -

"Shooting, the most important skill in basketball, and the least time spent by coaches teaching it correctly".

In fact many otherwise good coaches don't seem to have much idea or interest in finding out (DVD's, video analasyse etc) how to teach it. They let kids and older players continually practice with flawed technique.

Reply #232990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhh the old learn how to shoot from a book.

Fawlty towers comment "Hello, I speak english, I learnt it from a book."

Reply #232992 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Shame, looked like it could have been an upset

Reply #232993 | Report this post

good event  
Years ago

Firstly, Forestville Eagles B.C should be congradulated on their efforts on the night! Honoring the ANZAC's with the last post, reading and speech from a club member and minute silence was very well done. I know all the players loved the opportunity to be apart of such an event and i think the crowd enjoyed it as well. Lots of juniors their too with shooting comps and face painting etc
Was a great night alround!!!

The game was interesting. The frist quarter was a cracking pace! Both teams were going at it hard with some sweet shooting and alot of fast breaks! was good to see the centrals boys take it to the eagles. Unfortunately they coundn't keep it up tho. The eagles keeping them to 24 second half points!

Sullivan was big for the eagles as was Hoban. Sutton and Dougie were their typical consistent selves and young Harvey was lively too! For Centrals Templeton was probably their best. Parker was good but didn't play much??? not sure why! Prince(import) looked like he could be dangerous but foul trouble and consistant travelling vialations cost him and his team dearly! Clarke, Todd and Atkins were solid but Sutton, Harvey and Sullivan easily won the battle of the guards...in the second half at least!

Eagles stay undefeated but i think it won't be too long til they drop one. Centrals i think like always are 2 good players off from challenging the top 3 or 4 clubs, but good to see they are competitve on a consistant basis this year!!!

(Mod: Thanks for the write-up.)

Reply #232994 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Prince threw down probably the biggest dunk I've ever seen at state league level. How can we get it up on the net? I saw that there was a camera there.

Reply #233092 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If my employee is showing me video highlights online from his weeknight games, surely someone around the ABL traps can get these sorts of highlights up?

Reply #233103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That dunk was insane..would love to see it again

Reply #233104 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Forget about the ABL I want to see those mid week highlights.

Reply #233114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I have the dunk on camera..............

Reply #233134 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:39 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754