Bully
Years ago

Who will u support if there is no sixers?

Just a question on who other people would support if infact Adelaide doesnt have a team this year?
I would most likely follow South as they have a bit of Adelaide talent and play an interesting style of basketball.

Topic #19669 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

No one

Reply #232995 | Report this post

Sexer  
Years ago

Sixers!

Reply #232996 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Nobody.
I lost the Bullets and struggling with the thought of losing the Sixers..... two clubs over 21 years is enough for me- I will walk away, but deal with that if and when it is confirmed.

Reply #232999 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers.

Reply #233000 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Now Isaac, that would be a difficult decision to make. haha.

Reply #233001 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

lightning

Reply #233004 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

West Adelaide Bearcats

Reply #233006 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

My interest in the NBL would be minimal without the Sixers. The NBL gets 50% of my sport attention, the NBA gets the other 50%. I'd think without the Sixers it would be more like 85% NBA and 15% NBL. I'd have a vague interest but I just simply wouldn't care.

Reply #233009 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

NBL without the sixers would be placed in my "couldn't give a ***k" file...

Reply #233012 | Report this post

WEST  
Years ago

The bearcats!!!!

Reply #233017 | Report this post

Nate  
Years ago

No sixers = no interest

Reply #233021 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sixers for me.
I would have to grow horns and carry a pitch fork before I barrack for a Melbourne team

Reply #233027 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I will utterly and completely lose interest in the NBL if there is no Adelaide team. It's frankly not good enough to watch or follow religiously without a religious reason (such as home-town parochialism, your brother plays for the Breakers, etc. :) ) to do so.

If there was regular coverage on FTA TV, I suppose I'd still watch a bit, but without that the league would be dead to me.

Reply #233029 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I'd likely follow favourite players rather than clubs. Guys like Penney, Loughton, Ingles, Ere and any Sixers guys that find another home.

Reply #233051 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

any organisation aimed at ruining Mals credability
no sixers may aswell be no nbl

Reply #233052 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

My local pub......moreso

Reply #233055 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

The team that appears to put the most effort into developing and providing opportunities for young Australian players.

Reply #233056 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I would probably stop getting pay tv which I got mainly for bball, NBA, NBL & College, now that one has NBA & College.

NBL would become an after thought, I might check scores in the paper or on the net every now and then...

....if Adelaide doesn't have a team.

Reply #233065 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

No Sixers seriously no real NBL with no Bullets or Syd. either. and no interest from me. And I love my NBL and only have minor interest in NBA.
Mals playing games if he cant afford to pay 1 mill surety then you should no own a team and also you are not going to let it go and get nothing .
Mal stop playing games and wherever you went on holidays stay there let Eddie sell it all for what he can get.
You Sixer fans that say you would support a Goorg team were not real Sixer supporters

Reply #233067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he should make the figures known and put it to auction. no games, just see who really wants it.

Reply #233070 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

No one, but I would like I'd keep an interest in the league - far too many memories to just forget about it completely.

Reply #233094 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

* 'I'd like TO THINK', that should be.

Reply #233096 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

bretts the man , you are the man!!!

Reply #233100 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

None!

If there is no Adelaide team, then I have lack of interest in the new dud aussie league.

Reply #233120 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

You guys need the 36ers to be there as Crows & Power are both bottom 4 propositions this year!
LLeyton is finished!

In fact i not only feel if they get the nod they will do quite well. Ninnis will be 1 year older & wiser & Schensher is the best 5 in it. Bruce needs to step up but i would pick them top 4!

The new nbl will make it work - i hope.

South Australians having nothing to cheer about is a daunting prospect & not good in any language.

Have faith....

Reply #233137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no sixers then i wont even follow it..ill stick to AFL, MLB and NBA.

how can one of the worlds must widely played sports end up with absolutely bugger all interest in Australia.
its quite sad really, our league :(

Reply #233708 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754