Swish 'n Dish
Years ago

Talk of Sixers Consortium on Nine News Wednesday

Just saw an ad for Nine News tomorrow, advising that the is a road block for the consortium to contend with. Comment was that it would not go down well in an election year. Assume this is the $1m guarantee.

Unsure who the 'face' of the consortium was.

Topic #19691 | Report this topic

NVS  
Years ago

Ah now we wait for the flurry of insults etc on this forum regarding the new consortium not being able to get the $1m guarantee (if that is in fact the case based on Swish 'n Dish's post).

Reply #233274 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think youll find they were saying that the government letting the Sixers die would not be popular in an election year.

A $1mill bank guarantee is nothing for an organisation as big as a state gov, it would be given unconditionally without any money actually being put up.

Reply #233307 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

Just saw it on Nine News. It was Lott (cant remember his first name) talking about BA changing the rules regarding the guarantee, criteria etc. Lack of direction from BA is preventing the consortium obtaining sponsors.

Reply #233412 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was it Gareth?

Reply #233413 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

Thats him. Just watched it again as i taped it. I have it on my DVD hard drive recorder but have no idea how to upload it on net.

Also said that BA had specifically said to him that the $1m guarantee was not a requirement for the existing teams. Personally I dont think that this statement of his is 100% correct.

Blames State government for restricting use of Dome to just basketball which is making it difficult to sell. Also believes the government will be partly to blame if the Sixers have to fold, not going to look good in an election year.

Reply #233419 | Report this post

FOC  
Years ago

NVS - Guaranteed that the comment is correct about BA saying the guarantee wouldn't be necessary for Adelaide. And it is in the EOI document. 100%.

Reply #233420 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

FOC - That is not correct. It is not in the EOI document. Existing teams do not have to pay the $1m application fee. There is nothing about existing teams and the $1m guarantee.

Reply #233427 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:59 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754