B-Easy
Years ago

NH: Showdown XXVI

We all know Crows fans Port Adelaide fans, we don't get along too well. So with the showdown looming this weekend as a must win game for both clubs i think now is the perfect time for us to forget about a horror week for SA basketball and discuss the big game.

After the Powers humiliation last friday the boys from Alberton will be dying to have a crack at the Crows who equally would like to knock them off.

Port has been dealt a huge blow to it's midfield stocks with Shaun Burgoyne ousted for up to month and the form of serial Showdown pest Josh Carr lower than desired. Also key defender Alipate Carlile will likely miss the game through injury.

The crows take several young up an comers into a game that is usually noted for its hostility and intensity. It will be interesting to see how they stand up to the physicality that Port Adelaide is focusing on bringing to the field this year.

Peter burgoyne returns to the Power side after a two week suspension.

Personally I am a Power supporter and I am hoping for a close game with a big crowd and some real hard footy. My tip is Port by 8.

So who is planning to go to the game?

Who will win?

*and please can we keep the unnecessary abuse and lame personal attacks out of this thread?*

Topic #19699 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Probably wont have many replies then due to this "keep the unnecessary abuse and lame personal attacks out of this thread?" as that is all Crows fans have these days :P

I hope the Power destroys the boring crows. However, Crows usually get the better of Port.

Reply #233377 | Report this post

hangin round  
Years ago

Thanks to immaculate timing, many families will be unable to attend the Showdown due to participation in Junior State Champs. There goes wasted money paid for tickets to the main game of the year!

Reply #233379 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hoping that Port get the win, but it is a good hard game like last years. Tredrea v Rutten should be a good match up, Tredders in red hot form, and Rutten always consistent.

What's up with Alipate?

Reply #233386 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

B-Easy ill see you there ;)

Reply #233391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is Ports year to beat the Crows unfortunately

Reply #233393 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Yeah it is sad isnt it KingJames but im just sick of trying to talk about port e.g. the financial crisis or rumoured tassie move on here with out being told i have no teeth and married my sister.

no need to worry DB5 since posting this ive been told that Alipate has been cleared to play after he injured himself last week. Thigh or groin if i remember rightly, although i have blocked out many memories from friday night so don't quote me on that lol.

Reply #233405 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Crows by 30 as long as we can keep at least 16 players on the park and away from the dirty double Brogan and Motlop... and Chad and Thomas and Pettigrew and Carr. Any more than 6 players unconscious and I think Port'll have a chance.

Tredders will struggle to get a kick on Truck as usual and Bock-Motlop should be a great duel if it eventuates.

Hopefully Carlile doesn't come up, that'd make things a lot easier on Tex Walker.

Hoping for a physical but clean game. Go the Crows.

Reply #233414 | Report this post

oh i thought this was a basketball forum

Reply #233425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHAHA @ ELG...not with you...just clarifying that i am laughing at you!

If you dont like the thread don't read or comment Ma' Fkr!

Reply #233426 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:25 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754