Quagmire
Years ago

Heat @ Hawks, Hornets @ Nuggets, Apr 29th

Hawks Heat- Such an even match-up. I expect to see a break-out game from smokin joe johnson at some point, so why not today? 13ppg is way below what he should be getting, look for him to get his today.

Hawks to win in the first close game of the series.

Nuggets Hornets- Hornets have to reclaim their manhood with this game, that last loss, on their home floor no less, has made them look terrible. Bet that Posey signing isn't looking so good now? Also- what happened to young Wright? He was playing well last season....? I guess it just goes to show, just coz there's room for improvment, doesn't mean there will be improvement...

Nuggets will win easy- and its because of Billups. He will keep that team on track. A coaching career awaits.

That said.... i put a little punt on the Hornets, paying 7 for a win in a two horse race.... and for all the talk, wasn't Billups part of the pistons teams that seemed to let close-out games slip by...?

Topic #19704 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Johnson's stats from season to this series: 21.4 PPG down to 13.8, 5.8 APG down to 2.5. Rebounds down a bit. Steals halved, turnovers and fouls up. FT% down from 79% to 53%. And 22/58 from the field.

0/2 FG to start the game but has almost matched his assist average already with two in six minutes.

Reply #233459 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Now 1-6

Who is guarding him? I wouldn't think the heat would risk fouls on Wade, they would rather have him guard Evans and roam for steals/blocks... that leaves Jones i guess...

Reply #233460 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Also- what are people's views on Al Horford? Too small to be a legit C? Not enough range to be a modern pf? He is a player that seems to be replicating his rookie campaign as opposed to improving on it....

Reply #233461 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I don't think the Hornets would regret signing Posey. He was only ever going to be a super-sub, do-a-bit-of-everything-type player. It's Stojakovic and Chandler who have let them down - two starters who simply haven't been putting up starter-calibre performances. Although for both, injury has been a big factor. The Hornets are one more big name (or at least, one more reliable performer) away from taking the next step, I think. Nuggets will smash them again today, I reckon.

Reply #233462 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Is the Heat/Hawks series the anti Bull/Celtics series?

Every game in the Hawks/Heat series has been a blow-out, while the Bulls/Celts series has already had 16 overtimes...

Also- just thought i'd mention, i said the Celts would never beat the magic, i take it back entirely, if the Celts get through this series against the Bulls, they will beat the Magic.

Do they play the Magic????

Wait a tick, better check...

Yeah, they play the winner of Phi/Orl

I'm looking forward to the Hawks playin the LeBrons too... J-Smith vs the King....MASSIVE.

Reply #233463 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Hey Hereschenes, would you like to trade Chandler for Okur from the jazz?

Reply #233464 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Hmm... interesting. Certainly he'd be a big upgrade on the offensive side of things, but then you lose basically any sort of tough interior presence (when Chandler is healthy, anyway). It wouldn't be a bad trade by any means (from the Hornets' perspective), but I'd also then I'd ideally like to see them acquire a big interior defender to complement the move.

I guess Chandler's trade value must have taken a big hit after the last one fell through, unfortunately. At the time I was glad it didn't happen, but it's clear now that the current line-up doesn't have what it takes. To my mind, Paul and West are indispensable, but the rest of the squad should be up for grabs. Would be great to keep Butler around as well - he's been great value, although I guess that mean his next contract will need a lot more $$. I agree with you on Wright - he hasn't really blossomed as much as I was expecting. Same with Hilton Armstrong.

Reply #233468 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Hornets and Jazz appear in the same boat.

Very rare that a team has the chance to contest for a title, both teams have star duos at pg and pf, but lack the supporting cast...

Defence wins titles, and both teams should be doing everything in their power to get a post defender on board.

Hasheem Thabeet.

Reply #233470 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Joe Johnson working his way out of a slump by taking it to the rack... 10/11 at the stripe so far. Hawks cruising a little...

Reply #233480 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

my punt for today was;

Hawks/Heat total over 180,

Nuggets by over 10.

feeling pretty confident right now...

Reply #233488 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Talk about tempting fate!!!!!

Hornets making a real game of it...

Reply #233496 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Don't worry, it won't last. Hornets are toast.

Reply #233502 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I love you Heresches....

i'm $200 better for the experience.

Reply #233507 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Goodbye hornets....

Paul made to look human...

Reply #233508 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

yeah paul was dominated in this series. Didn't expect that. Many teams hve struggled to contain him. And K-Mart coming back as a defensive stopper on West? Didn't see that coming either. Looking forward to the Dallas/Denver series. Should be a real interesting matchup.

Reply #233512 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I like Dallas to win that one...

Dirk is hard to contain, and Howard is a solid defender against Caramelo...

Kidd vs Billups is a saw....

Reply #233530 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754