ShutUp!!
Years ago

Messenger Press - State Under 20's

I know that not that a lot of people normally read their Messenger, but has anyone seen the fantastic write-up for the State U20 Team. There is a Whole Page including Photos & Bio's of all players for both Men's & Women's Teams.

Good to see this much promotion for our State's Elite Juniors.
I hope that The Messenger may also show this much support to the ABA this coming season.

Topic #1971 | Report this topic

fat dougs  
Years ago

word has it that the messenger has a couple of new journos who know the hoops scene well, so this write up is the first of what is to come.
a big abl write will follow in the next 2 weeks reportedly.....

Reply #22384 | Report this post

manager  
Years ago

i really like the article. Usually the messenger puts seperate bits in seperate papers about kids in particular areas
This is a great article, well written

Reply #22394 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

I had a quick read when I went into some Council Offices. Whilst some of the comments where a bit generic, I thought the whole format was fantastic. Would love to hear who pushed this one in because it does a great job of raising the profile of the sport.

Hopefully there will be an article when they return describing how they went and some interviews with the coaches etc.

Even if there isn't a follow up, this is a great article on its own!

Reply #22395 | Report this post

Badger  
Years ago

The Ivor Burge guys should have one done on them as well, they one a bronze last year and from what i hear should do it again if not better.

Reply #22399 | Report this post

Man child  
Years ago

Ive seen those guys play and they are damn good. Talking to justin they hope that they will push for a gold medal game. Shaun, he did sasi with us last year and he can play. Good luck to them.

Reply #22408 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

To everyone concerned, i am the journo who did the feature on the State under 20's. (Dale Fletcher)

The is some new faces at the Messenger scene with a lot of hoops knowledge, even though my gig was a part time one during the uni holidays. (Still got 2 years to go)

The artwork was fantastically done by Messenger creative team and made the page look great.

I do also contribute to the ABL reports in the Messenger but something as creative as this is a real once off. The same format might be used for the State under 18's, 16's later in the year.

I'm glad to see that my hard work has paid off!

Reply #22416 | Report this post

London or Prag  
Years ago

Dale, what about placing the same thing for the ivor burge side as stated before. I have also seen them play and they are going to push for medals again this year. I think you should have placed this on the same page as they are going to the same championship.

Reply #22421 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

An excellent spread Journo. Just found our Messenger and it looks first class. Compliments to all involved in a superb promo of young achievers and for promotion of a great game!!!

Reply #22422 | Report this post

Long Memory  
Years ago

Pleeaaassseee, take over from Boti!!

Reply #22475 | Report this post

rodman  
Years ago

Well Done Messenger and good luck guys and gals make SA Proud

Reply #22476 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, take over from Boti, or at least give him some competition..... Having another ball writer with another opinion would be great...

Reply #22479 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Fantastic article. The only question i have is why was Emma from North wearing sturt shorts?

Reply #22520 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

What are peoples thoughts on the squad? Any suggestions of who should not be there and who should be there...?

Reply #22759 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754