Melvin Corpuscle
Years ago

Underdog tales from State Champs

Was wondering : what is the lowest place team to medal or gold medal at State Champs (reserve or champion grade)?

(Chance for those who were part of these teams to boast !)

Also, whats the biggest collapse you've seen ? (eg. First to last)

Topic #19715 | Report this topic

phoenix  
Years ago

u14 g team won it from 7th on the home and away table prior to state champs - 5 years ago

Reply #233551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I an betting on Magic U12 boys medalling in State Champs even though they play Div 2's!!

Reply #233555 | Report this post

Anon2  
Years ago

And I bet that their ability means they should be in Div 1 NOT div 2 - but as usual another Magic Team put in a division that they are too good for because their Club doesnt pay to be a full member

Reply #233620 | Report this post

Years ago

there are existing local district clubs just down the road who would greatly appreciate these players

Reply #233629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it their fault - blame the system not the club (and I am probably from one of those clubs downthe road who would benefit!!)

Reply #233631 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Not looking so good for the Magic now is it? 2 games for 2 losses, and haven't even got close.

Reply #233699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how did the Magic team go? Didn't they play a side who hadn't won a game in Div 1 last night?

Reply #233777 | Report this post

Timberrrrrrrrrrrr  
Years ago

U16 boys Torrens Valley. Undefeated this yr with their "2-3 be at tree" zone but found out at state champs. Playing off for 9/10th..... Timmmmmmmbbbbbeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr smash! Obviously they're not interested in developing better players, just taking shortcuts to win for the short term.

Reply #233783 | Report this post

me3  
Years ago

Western Magic "POOF" your back in Div 2 now.more than you deserve

Reply #233809 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

good one now you see them now you dont - Magic -

i remember one puff and youre gone
perhaps need help from the little green man who knows it all

Reply #233822 | Report this post

gus  
Years ago

The magic u12 boys lost one of their great players just two days before state champs started, so they were struggling a bit. Anyways they bet forestville div.1 in another carnival so you can't say they don't deserve to be in div.1!!!

Reply #242861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At the risk of starting an arguement I can argue that they don't deserve a Div 1 spot because they don't contribute to the Competition in the same way the District Clubs are forced to.

End of discussion.

Reply #242863 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754