Journo12
Years ago

Moses wins on debut

Moses won his first game in Mount Gambier, showed some nice touch with his mid range jumper too.

Topic #1975 | Report this topic

aussies 4 me  
Years ago

social ? intertown ? seabl trial game ?

MOSES - what happened to the guy that came to adel last summer = played a few games with woodville and dissappeared?

he was a benchie with the pioneers at some stage

tall dark haired lad?

Reply #22429 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Firstly, I really need to find out who Journo12 is! Last night was fun - not having really played for 2-3 months left only a bit of gas in the tank, but was fun nonetheless. Good to catch up with Chris Mason - he seems to be enjoying the town as much as I am!

Secondly, no, I don't know who you're talking about. I wasn't involved with Woodville last summer (I blame a contractual dispute - I wanted a contract and they disputed that!).

Thirdly, dudes, you have to check out young D-Mac sometime. He has other-worldly hops. If he could work out when to layup and when to dunk, and work on the jumpshot, he could be anything.

Journo12 - show your true identity! See me next week - we're up against the Roos, or so I'm told. It's time us local hoopsters joined forces!

Reply #22495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moses - do you still wear the Atlanta Hawks shorts underneath your playing shorts... MJ style?

Reply #22496 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Currently switching between Andrew Gaze's Seton Halls (they are sooo comfortable, despite being over 5 years old!) and Dominique's old Atlanta Hawks.

Dude, I'm worried about how you know these things!

Reply #22497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

;-). What can I say.... you're a hot commodity.... but now at least I know for sure that you are who I thought you were :P

Reply #22499 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

And meanwhile, you remain anonymous! Yeah, that's fair.

Watch a local media outlet near you. Border Watch, WIN-TV, ABC radio ..... Moses is coming to your homes soon! Shame it's all work-related, but fun nonetheless. Maybe I should tell them my real name is Moses Guthrie!

Reply #22500 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Thanks anonymous - you've just confirmed my suspicions as to Moses' identity!

:-)

Reply #22502 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Oh my golly, another fan. Get in line gents - the autographs are rare but valuable!

Catching up with Northerner this weekend. Hope you young fellas are doing OK without us vets!

Reply #22503 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Moses, will be good to see you in the Mount, I'm sure the Big Dog sends his love too...

To "aussies 4 me", I remember that guy, can't remember his name though, all I know is that he fouled a Centrals player late in a game in our backcourt after a missed free throw and they sunk the shots to win the game. Didn't see the guy after that!!! How's that, critical mistake, then a no show! Lucky though, I thought Tracy was going to strangle him afterwards :)

Reply #22605 | Report this post

OLD BULL  
Years ago

His name was Shane MURRAY. He played in November 03 and wasn't too bad at all (did well in the Reserves) As Benny says - didn't show after the loss to Centrals. He really didn't give himself time to settle and should have dealt with the situation a little better.

Reply #23150 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Shane Murray..he was telling everyone back in the Mount that he was training with the Sixers when he was playing for Woodville!!!

Reply #23152 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Panther, sorry to echo past sentiments, but heard your name bandied about AGAIN over lunch today here in the Mount.

Dude, come back and visit some time. Jase Joynes misses his old sparring partner!

Reply #23182 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Do I know you Moses??? I'm actually headed up this weekend for the singlet presentation, are you going to be there?

Reply #23223 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Moses, if you want to give your identity without doing so in public, let me know and I'll email Panther. Alternatively, if you want his email address, email me off-forum (just so we can keep the last 5% of people who don't know who Panther is in the dark).

(I know who you are, so this isn't some trick to work it out!)

Reply #23224 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Moses, asked around down the mount on the weekend and found out who you were, unfortunately didn't get a chance to see you out, might have had nothing to do with you not being out, more the condition I was in!!!

Reply #23887 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Panther I can assure you, you won't be seeing Moses "out" :) He's got a little girl and pregnant missus to look after (they're having twins)!It's gonna be mayhem in the Moses household come October!!

Reply #23889 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

So what is shane murrays where abouts at the moment? i heard he was coming back to play for Panthers in mount gambier a grade competition.....

Yeah i heard he was telling people he was training with the sixers... i was really surprised but i guess something you can laugh off now!

Reply #24982 | Report this post

'the small dmac'  
Years ago

shane murray is in queensland 'sorting himself out'. He was kicked out of East gambier, and then Penola for his attitude and needed to settle down.

Reply #27187 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:42 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754