LC
Years ago

Houston vs Los Angeles Game 1 **Spoiler**

Game 1 today...Quagmire reckons the Rockets will stitch up the Lakers and go on to win the NBA title.

Ming needs to step it up in the 4th quarter for them to get over the line, but against the atndem of Bynum and Gasol I don't think he can carry them to a series victory. I reckon the Lakers will take care of business in today's game 1 and show that the 4-0 sweep over the Rockets in the regular season and dominance in the 4th quarter was no fluke.

So he will take the honours in this game today?

ESPN Live Stats: http://linky.com.au/a59ft

Topic #19758 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

I'm betting that LAboy is going to at least get a double double and shut down Artest while playtime will be solid backup for Sun Yue lol

Reply #234014 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

So far Quagmire seems to be right! I might have to eat my words... although, I still wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers start firing up in the 2nd half.

Reply #234062 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

43-40 @ tha half.
Yup Quagmire's crystal ball has been on the money so far but there is another 2 quarters left for "kobe tha most amazing bestest greatest great choice cool radical rad super special player in the world EVER EVER" to piss on their parade lol. Doubt it'll blow out but I will be surprised if LA don't come away with a win.
Prove me wrong Houston

Reply #234065 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Well Quagmire had to be right FINALLY about something :P Usually the first two games are dangerous games, so I'm not surprised to see Houston take game 1. I am still sticking to the Lakers winning 4-1 or 4-2.

Reply #234084 | Report this post

frogger  
Years ago

woooo! rockets take game 1 in LA.
yao was an absolute soldier! battling hard and making shots, even after scaring the fans by going down with a knee injury ala. paul pierce nba finals 08.
brooks torched fisher as well. check the replays for his shake and bake in the 4th quarter!
looks like kobe needed sum backup scorers...LA Boy where were u? :P

Reply #234085 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Lol... yes, true. If you make up enough stats, eventually you're going to stumble across the right answer! :)

I was pretty surprised at how comprehensively the Rockets won. Hat off to Quagmire... could be an interesting series!

Reply #234086 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

What the greatest player of all time couldnt get his team over the line. Sh*t playtime want be able to use his 5 daughters tonight.

Reply #234091 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Some interesting things to come out of the game- stolen straight from the espn re-cap;

LA is 2-7 in play-off games when Kobe shoots over 30 times....

LA shot 2-18 from downtown. Now going cold from outside is not uncommon, but it usually happens playing in another teams gym, not your home floor.

Hat off to Rick, he got the Rockets game ready.

Game 2 becomes huge. Although i thought the Rockets would win one away, i didn't think it would be game 1.

Also, can we confirm that Kobe missed a shoot-around due to swine flu?

Expect Kobe to come out strong in game 2, try to win it by himself. Rockets will be hoping that is exactly what happens.

This series hinges on coach Jackson convincing Kobe to set up team-mates, not easy to do with the biggest ego ever on the court.

Can Yao keep this up for a whole series? Am i the only one just waiting for him to break down at some stage?

Reply #234119 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Kingjames- did you cut and paste the 'finally right about something' post from the last time, you know, when i correctly predicted Dallas would make the finals at the expence of Phoenix?

When i'm right about Dallas beating Denver will you use the same post?

Reply #234135 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

LOL at LA supporters.

Sitting in a bar on Venice Beach listening to them bleat all night. :-)

Reply #234142 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

well Houston proved me wrong which is a win win situation as I'd way rather that Houston/Dallas/Denver had a shot at the title from the west. Unfortunatly that's only game 1 and LA are far from finished but credit where credit is due Quagmire.

Reply #234144 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Quagmire we have been through this Phoenix JUST missed out due to Amare being injured. Amare missed 29 games... Phoenix missed out by 2 games!

I don't think Dallas will get passed Denver. Denver has a better starting 5 and a deeper bench.

Reply #234157 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

The Dallas Denver series really will be decided by the health of Josh Howard. He is so important to the Mavs and is an under-rated defender that could make Melo work hard.

I say let him smoke all the weed he needs to get over the pain and let him play!

Reply #234211 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:42 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754