Number 44
Years ago

Why has Boti gone so quiet?

Last week there was an article everyday.

Now nothing, does anyone know where the sixers are at with playing in 09/10?

Topic #19774 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

The deafening silence from Boti/the Sixers/BA/rumour mongers on this site, is certainly concerning. It does not bode well.

Reply #234166 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'd assume there's little or no news from the consortium as they chase down the final few backers they apparently require.

Whatever Boti has is probably being saved for the Thu column. Then again, who knows.

Reply #234172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe it reflects the lack of interest in the demise or otherwise of the sixers

Reply #234179 | Report this post

kcgone  
Years ago

Told what happening and has to wait for timing?

Reply #234181 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Calm before the storm.

The silence is starting to sound like, as kcgone says, something has been reached but they're just waiting for the right time to announce.

Reply #234196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He might have gone on leave.

That's what's happened here in Melbourne - Grantley Bernard hasn't written a basketball OR soccer article for a month.

Reply #234202 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Yes we can only hope the silence is due to not wanting to interfere with positive talks in progress.
Silence from fans mister negative anon.234179 is it has all been said we as Sixer fans can only sit hope and wait and support any consortium that may keep our club and league afloat.

Reply #234203 | Report this post

Crocodile tears  
Years ago

He may still be kicking himself about his stupid celebrations after the 1st game of the state champs last Friday night and forgotten about his day job.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Still cant win the big ones, eh Boti?

Reply #234218 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

What else would there be to announce at the moment until BA get their asses in gear and announce any sort of development in the NewNBL plans? Really the Australian bball world is in limbo until something concrete is announced.

Reply #234223 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Quasi mate how can BA get their act together when they have owners like marevelous mal - grubby groves pulling their last minute stunt.
Surely you would not expect them with no Syd or Bris. not to give Adel. the best amount of time to get a team as possible.
Easy to bag BA but this time they could not win whatever they did.

Reply #234224 | Report this post

milhouse  
Years ago

i agree brett, mal screwed the team like he screwed hodge. nobody is too good or valuable to not get screwed by this dickhead of an owner.

Reply #234240 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

I agree that there is no way that Mal has helped Adelaide's cause. He has totally screwed them. But do you really think that BA are holding out on making an announcement about the new league because they're waiting to see what Adelaide are doing? I still doubt that they've come to many decisions. Adelaide's demise has just bought them more time and given them an excuse for taking forever to come to a conclusion about the future of the NBL

Reply #234246 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I think he went on holiday's with Hemmerling and Isaac... ;)

Reply #234253 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I think he went on holiday's with Hemmerling and Isaac... ;)

Reply #234254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe nothing to report about the nbl or the 36ers.

Reply #234257 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

brett, many of the clubs presented non compliant submissions. Perhaps the NBL underestimated the time it would take to iron out all the creases. You can't just wave a magic wand over a hat and say abra cadabra and instantly $1m dollars appears. This whole mess is cutting into club's preparation time for the new season. They needed to know what to do yesterday and not wait any longer. My suggestion would be to defer the NewNBL until next year and let them all prepare for the coming season under the old system whilst sorting out the mess at the same time so the new league is up and running for 2010/2011 season. I honestly believe the NBL is expecting too much too soon.

Reply #234279 | Report this post

kmtw  
Years ago

Why this Mal hate?

With out him and groves 36ers would not of been here 2 years ago?

I think the Ba take over of the NBL has severley weakened the ineterest of all ownership groups.

In business you need to plan before you act, know the most likely outcome before you change.

Push hard for quick resolutions to barriers in the way of the plan and then act.

BA appears to unable to do any of this.

Time is of the essence, as a league we have little time left if we are to have a sustainable league by OCT.

Reply #234283 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

36ers would've survived two years ago - would've just been bought by someone else at the time.

Reply #234502 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754