qlder
Years ago

Blaze announce coach at 11.00am today.

Yes its true, seems like it will be joey wright. yeww looks like we could do a south dragons go from last to 1st, providing we sign good players.

Topic #19788 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

Would be great to replicate the Brisbane Bullets of 2 years ago. Would fill a basketball need that has been lacking in the last year for Brisbane supporters. Gold Coast is not that far to make regular trips for home games. GC would pick up a lot of the ex Bullets fans.

Reply #234294 | Report this post

kcgone  
Years ago

I hope they announce due to legal difficulties BJ is appointed Coach for 2009-10.

That way he can't surdface somwhere else.

Reply #234301 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

hopefully the blaze owners show some class and payout joyce contract, just like how Perth did for Connor.

Reply #234311 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

"GC would pick up a lot of the ex Bullets fans."
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!
You're obviously not born or raised in Brisbane or the Gold Coast, which is akin to saying if the Tigers folded, Tigers fans would flock to support the Dragons.
Brisbane and Gold Coast have a fierce rivalry for everything- a bit like Qld vs NSW or NSW vs VIC.
They MAY pick up some (reluctant) fans starved of live games due to Joey being coach, but don't get too ahead of yourself!

Reply #234319 | Report this post

Pis Of War  
Years ago

the way its going sa fans will be looking for a team to follow!

Reply #234323 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

any word on this yet? it's been over 2 hours now since 11am.

Reply #234330 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

HAHA, I said replicate, meaning not only Wright as coach and some rumor of Gibson joining as well, but also other ex Bullets players. If GC resembles the team that folded in Brisbane, people may look at it as the Bullets who have relocated. What rivalry is there at present when there is only one team. It takes 2 to conduct a rivalry.

Reply #234331 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I refuse to believe anything posted on here concerning the Gold Coast Blaze, ever again.

Reply #234340 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

It may take 2 TEAMS to create a rivalry, but the point I was making is even if it's a pie eating competition or if one city was no longer competing for whatever reason, two cities can still have a rivalry where one will not pick up the other's fans just on principle alone.

Reply #234395 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

HAHA, I am not that casual a fan of the 36ers that if they die the whole NBL dies for me. I would be looking for another team to support just to continue my passion of the sport. What's important to me is what I want and not cut myself off because of rivalries. So you are correct that I was not born or raised in Brisbane but that is really irrelevant to my way of thinking.

Reply #234438 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

hereschenes, there is a mentally deficient individual from QLD posting junk on the forum. Usually I delete them pretty quickly, but I have been OS for the last week and I think Bizzy has been fighting a lone hand against their terror.

Reply #234491 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Hehe... no worries, and welcome back! Bizzy has indeed been slaving heroically against the tyranny, much appreciated. I'm glad it's over now; while it lasted, the highlight for me was probably "Do you guys think Scott McGregor will get signed by the Houston Rockets at SF?"

Reply #234494 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

He had a little help.....

Reply #234507 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks Sturty, and Skip too I think?

I'm sure they'll be back - chances are there are actually two of them. I'm guessing one is a UQ student and have contacted the university.

Reply #234549 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Ah, I didn't know who else the mods were. Thanks all... it was getting pretty annoying.

Reply #234560 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754