pro kennex
Years ago

NBA Allstar Game

Does anyone know what time the events are being aired on foxtel. Dunk contest, rookie game, allstar game, 3 point shootout...all that stuff. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Topic #1982 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Someone's already posted two topics down about this. And there has been yet another thread about it this week. So far, no one's said anything to suggest that it will be shown here, unfortunately.

If anyone finds out, post away.

Reply #22489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not being shown.

They dont have the rights.

Reply #22511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats the worst news i have ever heard, seriously i want to die

Reply #22603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll organise the funeral arrangements

Reply #22607 | Report this post

FOshizzle  
Years ago

idiots, go to espn.com and translate the us times to aus

Reply #22639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In Sigapore Airport there was an advert for the All Star Game on ESPN Asia. Also they were showing Fridays MAVS vs SUNS game instead of Hornets vs Spurs. What is wrong with ESPN Australia

Reply #22651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

East 125 d West 115
Didn't see the game - just checked the box scores - no standout stats just even contributions from all.
Surprised the East got up? Comments?

Reply #22839 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

i emailed espn international regarding the poor nba coverage in aus region and asked why ??? - other countries even get free to air

Well i had to try as it was pretty bad paying so much $$$$ only to get such poor treatment

I notice that this coming month they are back to 2 games per week and even have a double-header this saturday.

Maybe they do take note ??? let's hope so

Reply #23898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the other side of that good to see we got both ESPN games today. Finally a chance to see the best in the West (today Lakers v Mavs) go at it.

Reply #24377 | Report this post

Buddha  
Years ago

I am sick of seeing the spurs every single time i turn on the NBA on ESPN...Its either them or the pistons or the t-wolves. Do ESPN just love these teams or is it a co-incidence

Reply #25475 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

id say love. Foxtel needs an NBA and basketball channel.

They would have AND1, NBA games, NBL games, high school, college.

Its not like their would be any repeats theres basketball EVERYDAY!!!! But then the offseason, they could put on st clair comp or district :P

Reply #25676 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

It would be great, but the demand just isnt there in Australia.

Hopefully ESPN do us proud with the upcoming playoffs and dont screw us like they did with the All Star game.

Reply #30188 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

I was so disappointed that there was no All-Star Game coverage! Hopefully they flood us with Playoff action to make up for it, not just 1-2 games per week. I want it every day! All else they have 2 play on ESPN during the day would be poker or car racing or baseball or fishing. No exactly riveting veiwing compared to the NBA! Although all game highlights can be seen on Sportscenter, its obviously not the same as watching the games!

Reply #30202 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

I don't count on ESPN to provide great coverage of the playoffs. it was pretty poor the last 2 years

I especially don;t like it when it was a pivotal 6 or 7th game of a series and they don't show it at all because it dosn't meet their schedule of events such poker, horse - racing , hunting or some other rubbish they put on

But what can we do ?? it's the only source of NBA games we got

anyway i did write to espn at one stage when they had really bad coverage of NBA during the season.

I try writng them again to ask for good playoff coverage but there's no more contact link in their website. Go figure !!!!

Reply #30333 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

transcript to ESPN:

you can contact espn at espn.com and go to link contact us

hopefully we get good Playoff coverage this year.
---------------------------------

With the much anticipated NBA Playoffs coming up. Please ESPN pick up your "game" in the Australia region and show us some good coverage of the playoffs.

You claim to be the world wide leader in sports so please prove that as fact and not just state it.

I do not mean providing us with just one or two games a week during the playoffs .. (as you have the last 2 years). this is fine for regular season but not playoffs.and then not covering the critical 6th or 7th game of a contest.

What's more upsetting is whilst these games are going on we have recorded poker, hunting, fishing or some other fringe "sport" on ESPN. If that's not shoving it up our backside .. i don't know what is.

I know you can treat Australia like it doesn't count .. i guess it's because ESPN is the only provider of NBA in Aus. that's what comes from lack of competion .. we really don't have a choice.

But for once .. please provide Australia with the coverage we pay for and should have from "the world wide leader in sports"

Reply #30337 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

I think they should adapt ESPN on Foxtel for Australian audiences by realisng that not many people are interested in watching poker or hunting or college cheerleading or outdoor games or hod dog eating contests that are shown during the day. Australia likes actual sports to be played!

Reply #30527 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

Well here's the reply from ESPN regarding coverage of play-offs. not too good I'm afraid !!!!

We just get a raw deal here with the NBA in Australia !!!

-------------------------------
Thanks for writing.

ESPN's International networks do not have the same contract with the
NBA
as our domestic network. Therefore our coverage internationally is
based on the games that we have the rights to air.

This year, we will have 4 games of the first round playoffs, 4 games
during the second round playoff and one conference final game.

For more information, please utilize the international website for
other
queries regarding our programming in the region.
http://www.international.espn.com/intltv/

Reply #30799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One conference finals game? Thats weak ESPN! Like SLAM Magazine says, ESPN is the worldwide follower in sports!

Reply #30812 | Report this post

Tess Player  
Years ago

Thanks for sharing this. I also can share my experience in filling forms. If you ever need to fill out a form, here is a really useful tool. Very easy to navigate and use. http://pdf.ac/610m3M

Reply #562209 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754