TR
Years ago

Atlanta has the worst record...Hello Mr Bogut

Juts having a look at the recent standings and noticed that the Hornets (still suck) ain't the last team in the league. Hello Atlanta.

My money is now on Bogut to go No 1 if Atlanta keep up their form. Guess it really depends on how the ping-pongs drop at the end of the season, but I'm still liking my prediction for ages ago about Bogut being No.1

Topic #1983 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

its looking very good.hope the hawks trade walker for another first round pick.the hawks will be back in business with bogut,smith and childress.hawks line up next year diaw childress smith harrington bogut.um theres no bench at all.

Reply #22498 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Don't worry about the bench. That just makes them Phoenix!

Reply #22501 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

atlanta has never drafted well.our best draftee has been josh smith.none of our drafted players in the last 6 years are still playing,thats how poor we drafted.but times are changing and im 99% sure from reading many atlanta news sources that they would draft bogut if he is avaliable.

Reply #22504 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

ow i just remember our best drafted player.kevin willis.at age 43 he is still playing for the hawks today.

Reply #22505 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

in the nba would bogut play power forward or centre?

Reply #22506 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

"Please God, save Andrew Bogut from going first in the 2005 NBA Draft. If a No.1 is anything less than a superstar then he's instantly labelled a failure (see: Smith, Joe. Brown, Kwame. Olowokandi, Michael. Actually, scratch that - Olowokandi would be a failure for a second round pick).

Bogut has the entire Australian basketball community watching his every move. It's like he's Suge Knight and Australia is the FBI. If he goes mid-lottery then the expectations will be low as a rookie  but we'll still expect him to kick ass as a true Aussie would say) within three years"

what to you think of that comment?

Reply #22507 | Report this post

The Hammer  
Years ago

Damn Mic how many posts you wanna make on this subject. or are you just trying to build those leaderboard stats

Reply #22513 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Who cares about Atlanta anyway

Reply #22523 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Hopefully he won't go no.1 and may go to clippers or another team... just not stinky atlanta, they are the worst team of the last 5 years!

Reply #22528 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nup, can't see Bogut sliding past the forth pick. The Hawks need help at every position, New Orleans needs help at every position bar PG and the Cat's alredy have a great PF, but if Bogut is still available, then take him. He is probably in the top two players available, along with Paul from Wake Forest.

Warriors have the forth pick, but have heaps of big bodies that they never use.

The way Utah is going, they currently have the fifth pick, and there is no way Utah will let him go.

Reply #22532 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

what hamma just beacuse i stick with my team though thick and thin, unlike you who jumped on the dallas bandwagon ever since they started to become good with dirk.

Reply #22557 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

If he ends up in Utah he will be HUGE.

Reply #22609 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

no it wont be libertine.the smith and bogut show will be huge.

Reply #22873 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Just like Houston took on Hakeem, Bogut will be the only thing they talk abotu in Salt Lake City!

Reply #22875 | Report this post

//R  
Years ago

TR: Has Paul declared yet? He could go No.1 if he does....

I like the Clippers idea. Bogut
lining up next to Brand, Maggette slashing from the wing, Livingston getting his chance....could be fun to watch. (Sidepoint: From what Ive read around the place, look out for Shaun Livingston during the second half of this season, but most prob next year. Kid will be good) But hey, if he goes to Atlanta, at least he'll get a chance to be a focal point.

Sidepoint 2: Regardless of the NBA hype, should Bogut become to focal point of the next Australian team? Time to build around him, or still too early?

Psyched for March Madness.....

Cheers.

Reply #22918 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Paul had a big game yesterday: 27 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals (8 of 19 FG).

Bogut had 23 and 9 on Feb 19th and plays again today against New Mexico. You can catch live scores here. Should start in a few hours.

Reply #22936 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Not sure if Paul has declared yet, he's being projected as the No 1 pick to New Orleans (old posting on nbadraft.net). Atlanta has the worst record now, and they are keen as to take Bogut.

My bet is that Paul will declare, for the exact same reasons Bogut will declare.... Possible No 1 and guaranteed lottery pick (unless blows a knee of something) would make anyone declare.

I guess at the end of the day it means jack who has the worst record, it all depends on how the ping pong balls drop.

Reply #22937 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bogut is a stud, and the Australia team will be his stable.

The Aussie team should now be built around him, along with his generation.

The upcoming Commonwealth Games should be the swansong for the majority of current players, and they need to blood some of the next generation as well and start thinking about China and the World Champs (that's if we qualify).

Apart from Canada and New Zealand I'm struggling to think of some competition in the Comm Games.

It's time to forget the majority of the current players, and start focussing on the Newley's, Bogut's, Kickert's, Schenscher's etc etc.

Reply #22938 | Report this post

Buddha  
Years ago

I think the future of the Boomers is very bright. If you look at the talent coming through, you need to blood them at the commonwealth games. I agree with TR.

Reply #23847 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

So who would your Boomers team be for the Comm Games? .. Would Holmes make it ?

Reply #24660 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

I don'think Holmes will make it.
Can think of too many player's in college who can do what he does now. In saying that though, if he was to get over his injuries, and regain confidence, there is no reason he couldn't overtake some of those players and make the squad.

Reply #24664 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Which college players... not that i am disareeing .. but which ones do you rate ?

Loughton ..
Schens...
Bogut...
.. who else .. i dont know many others .. ?

Reply #25831 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:12 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754