billo
Years ago

Lakers Rockets game 4 - spoilers

Lakers hopelessly uninspiring this far, down by over 20 with 4 mind to go, never in the hunt. Kobe's done nothing while Brooks has 30 and is everywhere for the Rockets. Crazy result with the Rockets 2 biggest stars out injured and Artest having a poor night.

Topic #19835 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

Mad props 2 the Rockets for pulling the series even without T-Mac or Yao. I so hope LA get their arses kicked out of the finals.

Reply #234886 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Brooks killed us. Start Farmar and bench Fisher for more stability in the second unit. Gasol obviously took the advantage and Odom went to sleep. Atrocious play by Lakers to be outrebounded by Houston 37-43.

Reply #234894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here's a thought for all of you NBA fans, should Houston look at trading Yao? He's a double-double player, but doesn't seem likely to be any more. He's injury prone and as the years go by will be even more so.
Apart from the loss of income via singlet sales, surely a trade should be looked at? Houston do seem to play well when he isn't on the court.....

Reply #234904 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I can't see it from financial standpoint. Because of him Houston is making millions not only through jersey sales, but TV, sponsorships etc. the money Yao brings in to any team is enormous.

Reply #234926 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

LABoy,

They would want to trade T-Mac first, who seems to be the star which is addition by subtraction first before getting rid of Yao.

I think you would find their regular season record without Yao wasn't too flash. Saying that, they still have a good line-up with Scola, Artest, Brooks etc, so go Rockets!!!

Reply #234927 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Whoa, easy guys. Rockets win 1 game without Yao - when a start player goes down the team always rallies and plays well above their level. The next 2-3 games of the series will tell us just where the Rockets are. Good luck to them, Houston play a good team brand of ball and tough D.

Reply #234937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yao is a soldier, he's a great player at a valuable position and he'd be the last player to get rid of IMO. His game has grown a lot, and he's I think he's in his prime now, and plays with a bit of swagger too.
I think the Game 4 win is huge though. Hopefully the rockets can keep on running circles around the slower lakers, and grind out another couple victories. BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

Reply #234940 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Whats happened to Bynum?....are we resting him or is he just not upto it fitness wise?

Surely with Yao out.....the Lakers shouldve started him and Gasol to take advantage of Yao going down

Reply #234960 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Fezlington- I wonder the same thing. Why didn't Phil start Drew? and even Farmar. I know Farmar's only had one good game but he is just much faster than Fisher, while Fisher and Odom off the bench provides much needed stability.

Also, in reality I don't know why everyone's saying Drew hasn't been playing well, for the minutes he played I thought he did alright over the last 3 games. Also he played decent D on Yao when he got on too.

Reply #234974 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah I wouldn't make any decisions after one game. Without a solid center like Yao they basically have to get everything else right, and play better than normal. Possible to do in one game, but hard to keep it up consistantly.

Lakers played poorly, but they have too many stars to keep playing like that, especially at home.

But the more I see of the playoffs, the more it looks like the Cavs have it in the bag. They look hungry.

Reply #234984 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:36 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754