Big Ads
Years ago

Boston v Orlando *Spoiler*

I'm cool to make it a thread about game 4 but did anybody notice Glen Davis almost deck a kid (in a white t-shirt on the Magic bench) during his celebrations after hitting the game winning shot?

I assume Davis only caught a glimpse of the kid as he was jumping about but I wonder if it will see some retaliation in Game 5 from the Magic players. The poor kid almost goes flying.

I saw the images briefly on the Fox news, looked like another classic play-off game.

Topic #19842 | Report this topic

DICKO  
Years ago

Thanks go to these two teams for playing out the perfect series for my fmaily trip plans.

We are now off to game 6 of the conference semi's on Thursday Night.

Shuttle Launch was today......Just.....WOW.

Reply #235157 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Great timing there Dicko. Wish I could be there to see the Celtics playoff run too. They may be undermanned, but they sure have got a lot of guys playing with heart and self-belief. Davis probably the most of the lot. He has been phenomenal since KG went down and done everything within his ability to pick up the slack. In fact, he has been so good that I am afraid the Celtics won't be able to afford him next season! Hope he is happy with MLE money.

Although the series hasn't been full of nailbiters like Celtics/ Bulls, it has still been fascinating, simply because Orlando are undermanned at the guard positions and Boston are undermanned up front. Both teams have taken it in turns to exploit their matchup advantages, but neither has been able to sustain those advantages long enough to gain a decisive advantage in the series.

It was pretty (and frustrating) to watch the Magic move the ball quickly around the perimeter, and thereby change the angle of the entry pass to Howard, so that Perkins was constantly caught out of position deep in the paint. Nothing Perk can do when that happens. Fortunately adjustments were made and Howard didn't get to do this all game.

Likewise, the 2 man game run by Pierce and featuring Ray Allen in the 3rd quarter was amazing to watch. Those guys were just executing with absolute precision for most of the quarter to give the Celtics the lead going into the 4th. If Pierce could manage to stay out of foul trouble for once in this series, he could close it out for them with play like that.

On the other hand, if Lewis can do a better job of exploiting his matchup and scoring down the stretch, which he failed to do in game 4, the Magic could easily close it out in 6.

Do I know which one is going to happen? No idea, but its fun watching things unfold.

Good job of making the most of your trip by seeing a space shuttle launch while in Florida too! I'd be pretty keen to see that one day too. How close do they let you get to view the launch? Do you know if there are tours of Cape Canaveral? It'd be pretty good fun being able to take a look inside some of the old vehicles they used to put people in space or on the moon.

On Davis, I don't think the league should, or will, punish him. I doubt he had any idea that the kid was standing there, and he didn't even fall over as I recall. You stand that close to a basketball court, you take your chances as far as I am concerned.

Reply #235188 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:17 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754