Isaac
Years ago

Funny Farley comments in The Advertiser today

For those who haven't read The Advertiser today, there are a few comments from Willie Farley:

Hard Lesson Learnt ยป

He revealed what it was that Simon Kerle said to him when he was lying in the paint at the Dome:

"They've got guards like (Simon) Kerle and (Mick) Hill who try to get under your skin, who taunt and trash-talk," Farley said.

"There's a cheap shot here and there. When (Ben) Castle fouled me hard, Kerle asked me if I was okay, then said: 'We're going to stop you some way.'

He's also feeling like there could be some similarities between 2004/05 and his first season with the 36ERS when the team made a strong and successful run for the championship from 3rd position on the ladder:
"I'm definitely feeling some deja vu," he said about the proximity and circumstances of the scoring title but more so about Adelaide's title-winning chances. "It would be awesome if this all finished the way it did in my first year."

Farley scored at a higher rate and percentage in 2002, but he looks a lot more comfortable and dangerous this year. I would hate to be an opposition team coming up against him in this form (150 points in the last five games) knowing that you also have to shut down Maher and Rychart.

Tonight's NBL games are vital for a few teams:

Hawks vs Kings (come on Sydney!)
Pirates vs Razorbacks
Bullets vs Tigers
Wildcats vs Breakers

The Hawks vs Kings game holds the key to our chances of moving into 2nd spot. You can track the live scores here.

Topic #1987 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

I would rather Adelaide win the game and farley miss out on the scoring title than vice-versa. hopefully wethers has a quiet 20point game v wst syd.

hey trahair may even light him up for 30 ;)

Reply #22525 | Report this post

fat dougs  
Years ago

i hope that wethers has 50...so that maybe it will be off willie's mind, and he can concentrate on beating cairns, rather than scoring such and such points....come on sydney!!!...although i dont really mind if we get third, as might be good to get maher an extra run, and play him into form.

Reply #22539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Play him into form!!??!!
No time to play into form in a knockout final!

Reply #22540 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Apart from that one crucial issue, it was a good idea though. ;)

I'm in no mood for a knockout final. Let's go Sydney...

Reply #22542 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Maher hasn't lost a thing in his time off, he still came up huge in the last minutes against the Bullets. The man lives for this time of the year!

Wethers get 50? I understand what point your making, but at the same time, I think Farley is a true big time player and he wont panic about getting the points required, he'll simply get them.

As good as it will be if Sydney top Wollongong tonight as far as the Sixers are concerned, how bad will it be for the Hawks going in to the finals on a 3 game losing streak!!

Reply #22549 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

you can say that but he himeslf said that last time it did get on his mind. I hope he gets it but he must put the game ahead of himself and i'm sure that he will. Just pray the kings win first.

Reply #22552 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

He also said he had learned from that game 2 years ago and that hes a lot more mature

Reply #22577 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

He must be more mature. He didn't return to West Sydney (but then again, that's a no-brainer!).

Reply #22585 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Hope he scores really well against Cairns, not only will it help his case, but won't do the team any harm either.

Reply #22595 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754