Mick
Years ago

7 teams: is it enough?

The only concern i have at the moment is the number of teams in the league.

what are the options for more teams for the upcoming season, are the brisbane spartans an option, i cant see them in an elite league! maybe a NZNBL side could come in and fill a gap, we need more teams

Topic #19871 | Report this topic

HAHA  
Years ago

I believe Perth were against the idea of ABL/ SEABL teams competing- yet another thing that has held up announcements etc because what's good for one isn't good for another.
Unless they have gone back and renegotiated again, my understanding is there won't be any of those teams involved.

Reply #235437 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

7 teams is a joke!

This is not the NBL, it is a scraped together group of teams, playing in a makeshift league, a couple of small steps up from a social league.

I am sure the winner of this "league" will not be recognised as champions in the same way that those that have gone before.

Are you prepared to pay the same for your tickets to see this?

Reply #235445 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I personally couldn't care if the next season only has 5 teams as long as i can watch it on TV or the Internet. Stream it. At least then I can watch Breakers away games and at least we have a league at all.

Reply #235446 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I'll pay the same ticket prices happily "me". It's not like the Breakers only ever sold tickets when the teams from Melbourne were in town, the games against Perth were always way better to watch and their still in the league. I'm not fussed that we might play less teams more often, still a good night out with the boys at the NSEC watching ball.

Reply #235448 | Report this post

Beagle  
Years ago

Why wouldn't you pay to see a 7-team league?

Fewer teams should mean that each team has fewer lesser-talented players, so the standard of play should be better.

In theory.

Reply #235453 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

would love to see it streamed, internode has a CDN set up these days for the TIVO, would be good to see what else it can do

Reply #235462 | Report this post

starvin marvin  
Years ago

If it's announced that there will be a top 6 for the playoffs, il have a good laugh, just like i laughed when 8 out of 11 made the playoffs.

Hopefully teams will be able to recruit some good players.

Reply #235503 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

id prefer a few others in the league, ie a melbourne team of some sort and maybe an all star lower level team may be of interest, still will be happy to pay to see 7 teams only its just that we will become real familiar with the other teams real quick.

Reply #235504 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

2009/10 will be an '*' season.

I hope the foundation of the league is a lot stronger as a result of all this because from the outside looking in, this appears to be a major step backwards for a league that has taken many steps backwards over the last 10 years.

Apperance has to count for a lot if you're trying to attract fans back to the game. And this looks really, really bad.

Reply #235515 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

worke for the NBA in the 60's...it will help establish rivalries in my opinion

well get to know and see more of the same players...just think getting to boo James Harvey 6 times a year!

Reply #235552 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

fine by me

Reply #235555 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

BA / NBL have ananounced they are trying to find a Victorian team to make it 8...

See my other thread I started on the matter...

Reply #235567 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754