LA Boy
Years ago

Fine time in the NBA: Kobe and headphones

Just read a news that Lakers were fined $10,000 because Kobe wore headphones around his neck during postgame news conference after gm 4!

Are you serious? $10,000?!?! for a piece of headphone? Damn. He was probably listening to some anger management music so he don't go off during the news conference anyway.

Topic #19880 | Report this topic

nickyg  
Years ago

Similar to me copping a $5 fine!!

Very harsh though - i guess these athletes are expected to take their media obligations a bit more seriously.

Reply #235575 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

I thought it might have had something to do with advertising or promotion of the product?

Reply #235710 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

the great msn kobe is so rich - that don't mean nothin to him - like it was 5c to us

Reply #235712 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

If he is so great, go msn him!

Reply #235715 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

At the end of the day, there is rules in place and all players know not to break them otherwise they can face harsh consequences. Mark Cuban has been fined so much money it's amazing..Every year in the league he gets multiple digit fines

Reply #235829 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754