caveman
Years ago

Blaze talking to Gibson, Worthington, Vukona

In Brisbane's Courier Mail today it states, blaze coach joet wright is in melbourne today talking to adam gibson, matk worthington, and mika vukona.

Whilst Gibson has virtually already signed with the blaze, the other 2 are still negotiating contracts.

Also states Blaze have already signed Wildcat/Qlder Chris Goulding to the team.

In other news.....todays gold coast bulletin says James Harvey wont head to another NBL team. Its either the blaze or europe where he will play.

If they retain harvey, it appears their roster will be championship material.

To view articles, go to the newspapers respective websites.

Thoughts??

Topic #19884 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Got a URL? Couldn't find mention on either site.

Harvey called out Anstey and Wortho though:

Gold Coast-based Australian ace James Harvey has told fellow high-profile players to stop hurting the sport that created them.

The Blaze captain of their first two seasons has been disappointed by criticism of the game by other elite players.

"Players need to be careful with their comments," he said. "This is a league we all grew up with watching and dreaming about playing in.

"There is no point making off-the-cuff comments to get your name in a headline and hurting the game."

Reply #235611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well as a Dragons fan, I guess I'll be following the Blaze next year if they pick up these 3.

Reply #235613 | Report this post

caveman  
Years ago

Yeah couldnt find it on the websites either lol but its definetly in todays papers as i have them here with me atm.

not sure if they sell courier mails in adelaide, but if so get your hands on to one.

any news on signings from other clubs. demos and vanderjagt seem to be the only 2 staying from last season also.

Reply #235614 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Gibbo was always going to be a target with Joey coaching, Id actually be happy to have Dan J as his backup at PG.

As for Wortho - cant see that one happening, another young Australian who played in Melbourne last year will be a hotly pursued target however ;)

Vokona would be a great pickup to bring energy and rebounding off the bench replacing Casey Frank.

Harvs really is the key signing we need. Having him leading the team again will give some indication of stability to the general public and despite his image in his younger days he has done everything right while on the coast. His play and attitudue on and off court have really endeared him to the public and the Blaze really need to have him leading the team going forward, hopefully he can sign a good long term deal and finish his career on the coast.

Reply #235616 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

Harvey has a good point with players staying positive...no point in bagging out what has made them...

perhaps another note for Larry when protecting the league, those who bring the game into disrepute...fine or suspend them..both wortho and anstey would have already be looking at fines now...

Reply #235626 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pigs, that is if they were actually contracted and to clubs involved in the league...

Reply #235630 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Always knew Joey would go after players he once signed- Vandy, Goulding etc were signed to Brisbane but ofcourse Vandy never got to play when we folded.
Not happy about Wortho but it's still early days yet.

Reply #235644 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

Isaac, I agree, with no contract, they can say what they want...but the 2 in question will want to play at some point!

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Reply #235670 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Well then as soon as they do sign with a club here if they don't end up overseas, the first thing they should do is fine them.... and not expect their new clubs to pick up the tab.

Reply #235696 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

"Well as a Dragons fan, I guess I'll be following the Blaze next year if they pick up these 3."
Bahahaha, one of the funniest things i've heard. You talk like they have been Dragon players for a long time! They all came from different clubs and all played for only one season! You must have really built a level of appreciation in that 1 season as a fan to still "follow" them! Lol... I guess this is what happens when your team is simply a marketing tool!

Reply #235702 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I was just thinking the same thing Panther- from one embryo club to another lol.

Reply #235704 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Be nice, Kiddies.....winning a championship does give you a soft spot for your roster.

Reply #235790 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754