Isaac
Years ago

Funny All-NBA Teams Announced

LeBron James is a unanimous pick for the All-NBA First Team. 122 media people vote and every single one picked James. I've added the first team votes in parentheses:

All-NBA First Team
LeBron James (122)
Dirk Nowitzki (35)
Dwight Howard (116)
Kobe Bryant (119)
Dwyane Wade (103)

All-NBA Second Team
Tim Duncan (39)
Paul Pierce (27)
Yao Ming (8)
Brandon Roy (-)
Chris Paul (32)

All-NBA Third Team
Carmelo Anthony (2)
Pau Gasol (2)
Shaquille O'Neal (-)
Chauncey Billups (-)
Tony Parker (1)

Other players receiving votes, with point totals (first team votes in parentheses): Deron Williams, Utah, 105; Kevin Garnett, Boston, 72; Chris Bosh, Toronto, 56; Joe Johnson, Atlanta, 36, Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City, 34; Danny Granger, Indiana, 25; David West, New Orleans, 12; Mo Williams, Cleveland, 10; Al Jefferson, Minnesota, 8; Steve Nash, Phoenix, 7; Antawn Jamison, Washington, 7; Ray Allen, Boston, 6; Nene, Denver, 6; Devin Harris, New Jersey, 5; LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland, 4; David Lee, New York, 4; Rajon Rondo, Boston, 2; Vince Carter, New Jersey, 1; Paul Millsap, Utah, 1; O.J. Mayo, Memphis, 1; Mehmet Okur, Utah, 1; Jermaine O'Neal, Miami, 1; Hedo Turkoglu, Orlando, 1; Derrick Rose, Chicago, 1; Caron Butler, Washington, 1; Carlos Boozer, Utah, 1; Andre Miller, Philadelphia, 1; Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia, 1.
Here's the NBA press release.

Would you have voted much differently? (BTW, how did Jermo get a vote for anything?!)

Topic #19885 | Report this topic

playtime  
Years ago

as expected the greatest of players Kobe and LeBron are 1 and 2. it's just a matter of who will win the Finals MVP this year

Reply #235620 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

Imagine a super team like

g. A.I
g Kobe
c Dwight
f. KG
f. LeBron

r D-Wade

who in history would be able to beat a super team like that??? all greatest of scorers. AI making steals and going on fastbreaks with LeBron. Superman and KG blocking all manner of shots - nobody can get in .. D-Wad driving it and Kobe with D and fadeway shots and 3s .. unbeatable !!

Reply #235629 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

AI???? He would complain that his back hurts when really it's his heart muscle from not getting enough of the ball.

Reply #235631 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Perhaps Chris Paul instead of AI

Reply #235637 | Report this post

Frogga  
Years ago

Perhaphs the original Dream Team.

Magic
Jodran
Bird
Barkley
Robinson

res

Stockton
Drexler
Pippen
K Malone
Ewing

Reply #235653 | Report this post

LeBron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwight Howard
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade

Res

Tim Duncan
Paul Pierce
Yao Ming
Brandon Roy or A.I
Chris Paul

VS

Magic
Jodran
Bird
Barkley
Robinson

res

Stockton
Drexler
Pippen
K Malone
Ewing

Now that would be a game i want to see!

Reply #235655 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Slightly off topic, but the games I would love to see would be the 5 on 5 scrimmages the original Dream Team would have had. 1st unit v second unit would be an awesome game!

Reply #235664 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

I would love to see Kobe school Jordan and LeBron take it to Magic and Bird

Reply #235671 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Jordan of 1992 would own Kobe of 2009.

Reply #235684 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Jordan of any year would IMO.

Reply #235685 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Why does it say Duncan had 39 and Dirk had 35 in the same position but Dirk made it over Duncan?

Reply #235693 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it's decided on overall votes. Duncan just had more first team votes.

Reply #235698 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

AH, makes sense

Reply #235699 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah I was confused at the bottom as they didn't include the first place votes.

Pretty solid starting five though! Don't know if they would work as a team as no one would pass. You'd need a Chris Paul to make it work.

Reply #235701 | Report this post

I wonder who didnt vote for kobe. lol

Reply #235780 | Report this post

surmdog  
Years ago

the original dream team of 92

Jordan
Magic
Bird
Barkley
Robinson

Drexler
Stockten
Malone
Pippen
Ewing

(Mullin, Laettner)

Would Smash any team forever as long as any Basketball is bounced in the History of Mankind.

Reply #235783 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I would have liked to have seen Billups' contribution at Denver get him into the 2nd team. I'm a spurs fan, so a bit biased - but I thought Duncan's season was his best in a few years and worthy of 1st team.

Reply #235801 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Deron Williams should have been chosen over Parker! Correct me if I'm wrong, but Parker was injured for most/some of the year wasn't he?

Reply #235826 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

Realistically looking at Dream Team vs Superteam unbiased..
A.I v Magic - sure A.I concede size to Magic but at same time Magic can't guard speed of AI edge none

Kobe v MJ - athletically and gamewise similar but Kobe has slightly better shooting range edge Kobe

Superman v Admiral - ok so this one place old Dream team has advantage but Superman still young enough to get even better

KG v Bird - KG can guard Bird, Bird not ahtletic enuff to guard KG that's the difference edge KG

LeBron v Pippen - please ... Pips played second fiddle to MJ - The King doesn't play 2nd to nobody edge King

if you call bench pretty much even - Superteam still comes up on top according to matchups

Reply #235838 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Parker was injured early, but played most of the year (more than 70 games I think)

Reply #235844 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Just curious, how old are you playtime ?

Reply #235847 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

old enuff to sckool you on a bball court

Reply #235848 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Seriously thanks, that answers my question perfectly.

Reply #235860 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

playtime - watch the 1991/92 Finals series and get an understanding of just how good Jordan and Pippen were. Might change some of your views.

There's no way Kobe should even be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan.

Reply #235870 | Report this post

Rip  
Years ago

Im a little surprised Chris Bosh didnt recieve more votes..i know he played with an under achieveing Raptors team but then again he carried the team for bulk of the season and was only 1 of a few players that averaged 20 and 10...

Reply #236312 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:16 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754