Isaac
Years ago

The West interviews Vlahov re NBL

The West has a Q&A piece online with Andrew Vlahov online. The answers are pretty brief and nothing stands out as particularly groundbreaking, but some may be interested in reading it regardless.

One-on-one with Andrew Vlahov

Have to say that I do think the couple of "green league" mentions seem a bit forced - running with the issue du jour as though it will lead to publicity and government support? What are they going to do - roll out e-tickets/cards across all venues, eliminate power, and buy carbon credits?

Topic #19901 | Report this topic

me  
Years ago

"green league"

1) woohoo..its about time Al was back!
2) James Harvey is coming back?

:)

Reply #235875 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I hope they don't bother with an All-Star Game and other related pizazz until the league finds its feet. It usually fails to engender much passion or support, and then it's embarrassing to see it played in front of a half-full venue. Although, I agree with Vlahov that as far as an All-Star Game goes, the imports vs locals format is a good one. Better than some sort of contrived north vs. south format, or whatever.

The nNBL needs to focus on the meat and potatoes (ie. what happens in the 48 (or maybe 40) minutes on the pine during the regular season and the playoffs) before they worry about the gravy.

Reply #235878 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:39 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754