KingJames
Years ago

RIP Wayman Tisdale

A while ago on here there was a thread that contained an uplifting video on Wayman Tisdale's fight with cancer. Unfortunately he lost his 2 year battle with Cancer at age 44. Very sad news.

RIP Wayman Tisdale!

http://linky.com.au/7skeg

Topic #19902 | Report this topic

Speed44  
Years ago

RIP Tis...a very smooth player to watch, wish i could've seen some of his college games as i am only aware of his NBA days, but sounds like he was a megastar in college.

Reply #235918 | Report this post

Simple minded  
Years ago

Sad. I saw his espn interview the last year i think, after he had lost his leg, he seemed like such a great guy with a positive mind set. Great player too.

Reply #235922 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

For those who have been touched by cancer, these stories are just heartbreaking. The big C knows no rhyme or reason as to why, who or when it chooses to play ball. The world has lost a wonderful guy.

Reply #235990 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

yeah also saw the espn doco... very upbeat guy even after his amputation.
Very said outcome.

Reply #236063 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

Sad news - esp. the way it had to happen...

I remember Wayman well from the mid-90s on some entertaining Kings teams... I guess its always sad when someone so (relatively young passes) under such circumstances - especially someone who by virtue of their vocation might be something of a hero (or carry such an air)... By all accounts one of the more unique NBAers off the basketball court as well...

+1 to what Moses said...

RIP

Reply #236067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My memory of Wayman - back when NBA posters were all the rage, there was an awesome Tisdale one of him doing a massive two-handed reverse jam in his white Pacers uniform. The old Albert Park stadium sold out of that one at that Classics it was so popular.

RIP.

Reply #236153 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754