Wayne
Years ago

SOS deserve our support

Apparently 7 guys are prepared to put up their money and expertise to help make this club great again and do it with their own money. It's great to keep saying they must do this and they must do that and be prepared to lose thousands to do it, but if they are businessmen which we believe they are they will make decisions they believe will make the club financially strong again, what they need more than anything is all of us getting on board, going to games and being season ticket holders and filling the stadium every game. We all want the team so let's give these guys every chance and support because they are in a position to do what alot of us would like to do but instead we just get to enjoy the benefit of their hard work. Don't care who they are they are all champions in my eyes.

Topic #19906 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lewis said "Lewis believes SOS has the "passion, commitment and wherewithall" to succeed but is equally mindful close attention to the commercial aspects of the operation are essential.

"We can't be tipping money into it all the time," he said of SOS. "Members will be pretty unhappy if every six months you're passing the hat around."

Lose thousands?
I don't think so.

Reply #235964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SOS - son of Smyth ?

Reply #235981 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

I will become a member...not much, but it will be my contribution..
i will get to as many games as possible where work doesn't come into play...

again not much, but if we all make that little contribution, it will help out..

Reply #235994 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

So true it does not matter how much these guys put in and how hard they work it will mean nothing if we are not there as members and at games

Reply #236022 | Report this post

sharpeshooter  
Years ago

I wonder if Mark Lewis and his SOS consortium will spread the wealth as much as his Father did while he was running the show?

Reply #236034 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

In what way

Reply #236037 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wayne, it might be a reference to the expensive rosters of the time.

Reply #236083 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

I would rather see them build up some money for the clubs long term viability

Reply #236090 | Report this post

They will have my support as long as they show they are at least interested in the team and its ongoing success and viability. With Lewis involved I don't think it will be a problem.

Thats something Mal did not show us in his pitiful 2 seasons "supposedly" at the helm.

Shame on you Mal.

Reply #236126 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If Mal is unwilling to sell the license for a reasonable price, would a whole new team called the "adelaide sixers" be an option? This doesn't appear to be a registered trademark (yet). Why would SOS want to start in debt because of a man with no real interest in the team or its fans wants an inflated price for a devalued product?

Reply #236710 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:51 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754