LC
Years ago

Patty Mills may take part in Reebok Eurocamp

Just came across this information on Draft Express. Seems that our own Patty Mills may be headed to Europe to take part in the Reebok Eurocamp to help boost his draft stock by going head to head with Brandon Jennings.

"St. Mary's junior Patrick Mills may be taking an interesting route to elevating his NBA draft stock in anticipation of the June 15th underclassmen withdrawal deadline. In all likelihood, it appears that Mills will be taking part in the Reebok Eurocamp in Treviso from June 6th-8th, where he'll get a chance to test himself in a five on five setting against some other intriguing point guard prospects, such as Brandon Jennings and Rodrigue Beaubois. With the elimination of the competitive aspects of the NBA pre-draft camp in favor of drills and interviews, it appears that there is "no better place for Patty to improve his draft stock" according to one source familiar with his thinking.

This would be a major boost for the Eurocamp, as it would give GMs yet another reason (a potential first round pick) to make the weekend trek over to Italy. As it is, the camp is generating some major buzz, and the organizers are expecting a huge influx of high-level decision makers to evaluate the talent on hand."

What do people think of this potential move for our own Patty? Would it be a good move or a bad risk? Most mock drafts including Draftxpress have his going as a late first rounder in this year's draft...can it elevate him to a lottery pick with a good showing against Jennings?

Topic #19911 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Sorry - here is the link: http://linky.com.au/96lz9

Reply #236004 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Also just read elsewhere on Draft Express that Joe Ingles has been invited to take part in the Reebok Eurocamp as well.

"We asked Pete Philo about the thought process behind inviting players like Brandon Jennings, Patrick Beverley, Daniel Hackett and even Australian forward Joe Ingles."

And Joe Ingles is on te inviote list...see more on the link below.

Link: http://linky.com.au/m82wh

I reckon Joe should go as I reckon his game is more suited to the Euro game and he would do well at this camp IMO.

Reply #236006 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Yeah its tough to see him carving himself a place in NBA. I think physically he would struggle in terms of strength and speed.

Reply #236014 | Report this post

crowfan  
Years ago

"I think physically he would struggle in terms of strength and speed."

strength maybe, speed no chance, did you watch the olympics??

Reply #236081 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:58 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754