starvin marvin
Years ago

Perth: It could be all over

Beveridge told not to bother coming over to Perth because they might not join new league after all. You may want to laugh or cry at this, I choose to laugh at this stage.

http://linky.com.au/4afup

Topic #19925 | Report this topic

me  
Years ago

Heard the new Wildcats GM talking today...says he thinks the "league" WILL go ahead.

1) is confident a Melbourne team will be in soon
2) Is expecting a "good" coverage package from Fox, based on a Melb team being included.

Reply #236163 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

The sydney morning herald seem to be a bit behind the times, an almost identical story was in the western australian papers last week.

Reply #236164 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

It's like Bumblebee Man from the Simpsons is reporting NBL news lately... non est bueno!

Reply #236166 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's been like this for a couple of weeks now. Club owners should be avoiding comments that can be dramatised every single time. Just offer no comment and sit tight until there is real news. And the NBL should avoid half of the stuff they've had to put out in response because the end result right now is a see-saw that must only be making the league look silly to non-fans.

Reply #236167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

article in perths sunday times yesterday had Rob saying he was sticking with perth and turning down other offers so obviously perth have been given new since since this article was written (last thurs i presume)

Reply #236173 | Report this post

Starks  
Years ago

I agree with Isaac.
Zip it until there is something concrete to announce.
Saw Wrublewski was all doom and gloom in the Weekend Australian. Again, not helpful or factual. Simply an opinion from some guy with little credibility...

Reply #236176 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And Wrublewski's hoops claim to fame stems from getting big crowds and publicity when almost everyone else was too.

I think any of these people piping up in the media would do well to frame their opinions constructively wherever possible. (That goes for forum users too - Anstey and Wortho would fit in beautifully here...)

Reply #236181 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

Well said Isaac mass hysteria is the last thing BA, NBL or SOS need at the moment

Reply #236183 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Interesting how he's living o/seas, but has had time to intimately disect the new proposal that hasn't been finalised yet.

Reply #236214 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

at least boti has been putting a positive spin on anything he can. You know he is just trying to make the best of what he can, but like its been mentioned here if you act like it all going to fail you are bringing it on to yourself.

If you have nothing positive to add say nothing, if you can at least create the illusion that things are moving forward in a positive direction by all means express yourself.

Reply #236234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stand by for action.............

Reply #236349 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:55 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754