LC
Years ago

NH: Body builders flee contest

I just had to post this after I read about it online this morning...

"THE Belgian bodybuilding titles were cancelled on Monday after anti-doping officials showed up and all 20 competitors fled."

GOLD!

Link: http://linky.com.au/wxo6p

"I've never seen anything like it and hope never to see anything like it again," anti-doping official Hans Cooman said.

He said bodybuilders just grabbed their gear and ran off when he entered the room.

"The sport has a history of doping and this incident didn't do its reputation any good," Cooman said.

Belgium's bodybuilding federation could not explain why competitors had rushed off.

"There is only one conclusion I can think of and that is doping," Cooman said.

During in-competition testing of northern Belgium's Flanders region bodybuilding events last year, 75 per cent of competitors tested positive for doping.

Topic #19938 | Report this topic

Oden08  
Years ago

"The sport has a history of doping "

What? Who would have thought?

Reply #236376 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

It is time for the "dope games" .

All power sports with leading Drug companies fielding teams and idiotic oversized guinea pig men as the entertainment .

Have to show what they are on in each event and breakdown dosage , let em go nuts , be a great freakshow.

Actually , probably not a great idea ...

Reply #236400 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

rotateonthis..."It is time for the "dope games"

Its already been done..its called the Olympics.

:(

They have beeen tainted since the 80's and now the real skill shown at them is by the drug companies and athletes who avoid detection.

Reply #236414 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

if you're a great athlete .. like Kobe for example .. you don't need drugs !! say NO to drugs !!

Reply #236418 | Report this post

Jambo  
Years ago

Have a watch of Bigger, Faster, Stronger (documentary - http://linky.com.au/1lh1h) for a bit of an unbiased and quite informative view on steroids.

Entertaining and interesting - just what all docos should be...

(no, I don't take roids, never have - I still find it interesting and having facts in a discussion is kinda nice)

Reply #236430 | Report this post

mr mackey  
Years ago

drugs are bad mkayyyy

Reply #236451 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

me - much earlier than that in fact .

The ever powerful GDR were hittin their athletes up in the lead up to the 72 Olympic Games .

From then on it has been on .

Reply #236476 | Report this post

bodybuilders always use steroids, why is this even being tested? Anti-doping officials should get a real job

Reply #236490 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

playtime, you need to take your own advice!

Reply #236491 | Report this post

if everyone stopped replying to playtime he would go away, you do know this

Reply #236493 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Exactly, the fact he's confirmed as a troll makes his comments even more pathetic than when we thought he was a 14 year old wannabe.

Reply #236495 | Report this post

Years ago

There are natural body building competitions and organisations around too, that pride themselves on not using drugs to obtain the great physiques on show. A lot of the competitors look better IMO than those in recent Mr. Olympia comps as well. Clearly this Belgian comp didn't fall into the natural category though...

Reply #236628 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:46 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754