Mike
Years ago

Under 20 Womens State Team

Can someone explain to me why Southern Tigers Jess Nolan is not in the state team?

Topic #1994 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

'Cause they picked other players they thought were better than her? Don't ask me - I've got no idea!

Reply #22582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cause she pulled out after the first trial.

Reply #22615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She couldn't commit to all the trials and trainings. Why wasn't Sarah Peddle out there?

Reply #22650 | Report this post

Sik wit it  
Years ago

Jess Nolan pulled out because she didnt have the transportation to get to 3/4 of the trainings! She told me herself that she didnt want to waste everyones time including her own not being able to make trainings! it wasnt fair on the others who were commited! we all knew she would make it if she could have gotten there!

Reply #22894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jess Nolan - not even close too slow
Peddle - don'tmake me laugh - she still shoots like an Under 12 girl!!!!!! and cannot defend for nuts

Reply #23534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heard the girls came 4th ??

Reply #23590 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

Jess nolan would of made the team easy, have u not seen her in action in the u 21 comp she kicks arse she is definatley better than some of the girls that made the team.

Reply #23695 | Report this post

phantom  
Years ago

no one will ever know whether or not jess nolan would have made the team. last year everyone expected emma pawlowski and ali trewartha to make it and they didnt so u never know who they will end up selecting... this is a dead topic, get over it

Reply #23851 | Report this post

phantom  
Years ago

does anyone know who played well for the girls? i heard they came 4th, sounds like they really missed angela marino and lisa scaglia

Reply #23853 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

No they missed emma piwanski because she snapped her achilles in the 2nd last game. She was going well and getting good numbers.They would have finished 3rd with her playing. No one was going to beat vic.

Reply #23858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed Peddle shoots like she's in U12! unless her shots are on for the night she is useless! no D occasional steal! Nolan is the strongest girl in her age group!have you seen that girl in the post!! Scaglia was deffidently missed!

Reply #23916 | Report this post

BBall  
Years ago

Peddle doesnt come close to Jess Nolan in skill or attitude.....

Reply #23917 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Less trashing players please.

Reply #23919 | Report this post

phantom  
Years ago

unfortunate about her injury but the team was probably no worse off without emma powlowski.... her shooting percentage was very low and she had a lot of turnovers.

Reply #24042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

really unfortunate for pawloski. she was really getting back into her basketball again and playing good ball, she looked as though she was enjoying it again and i believe they would have come 3rd if she hadn't have injured herself. Surgery and a year off, thats tough!! Best wishes for her and hope her surgery goes well!

Reply #24297 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I don't see how any Southern girls could play in that team (other then Nelson) after Wednesday night's performance....

Reply #24306 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

why is simone nelson even playing for southern tigers? how can she go from sturt to tigers? i think she's above that team and wont improve while she's there

Reply #24454 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

anonymous its called 3 x bowleys at sturt. no room 4 simone

Reply #24524 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

agreed that there is no room for her at sturt but she didnt have to go to southern.

Reply #24560 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Well then, anonymous, enlighten us all to where you think she should have gone, given your obvious dislike of Southern.

Reply #24598 | Report this post

tissues  
Years ago

The SA girls beat WA on the friday of natoins by 15 points and pawlowski had 2 points before she was injured. The team also only lost by two points in the bronze medal game and were something like 12 from 21 from the foul line. They were very capable of winning but unfortuantely were just not the best team on the day

Reply #24712 | Report this post

Bottles  
Years ago

Jessica Nolan did not make the state team because she sat out half way through the first state trial with a headache. And i am unsure if she is better than the other girls who made the team ahead of her in the same position. Georgii Howlett, emma palowski, carly stark, Ali Trewartha...

Reply #24713 | Report this post

Man child  
Years ago

the team that was picked was the best possible from those who tried out. top four finish is a great result regardless of what most think. these championships are tough, not like the usual crap on a friday night!

Reply #24719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey BOTTLES get ur facts right before you go posting! Nolan Didnt sit out because she had a 'Headache' She sat out because she threw up during training due to the heat and recovering from being sick! she felt dizzy and faint! the Manager insisted that she didnt finish training, and the last session was off cus it was 40 degrees! She didnt not make the team because of sitting out! where did you pull that from! it was establised ealier that she didnt make it because she couldnt make 3/4 of the trainings! enough of this crap maybe she would have made it maybe she wouldnt have! we will never know cus she didnt trial! And what are you on about made the team ahead of her! of course they did SHE DIDNT TRIAL!! 1 training is hardly considered trialing! She wasnt cut she pulled out! Get ur facts right first!

Reply #25316 | Report this post

Bottles  
Years ago

hahaha ok... i defiantely did not explain myself correctly at all. Forgive me annonymous. i most definately did not mean that Nolan didnt make the team because she sat out of that one training. All i have to say is if you want something bad enough you'll give everything you have.... classic example was that casey beaumont girl from mt barker, got up every sat and sun morning at 6am to catch a bus to training.

Reply #25516 | Report this post

badger  
Years ago

Half the time the team that is picked for under 20's is a joke.. Remembering that a lot of the players have year 12 or uni that they are focussing on. coaches favourites and reputations are already well established by then also. Yeah 4th is great but imagine what they could have done if they picked a decent team! Nolan is a Gun!

Reply #27298 | Report this post

Wayne Beaumont  
Years ago

Yeah - that Casey's a terrific kid ;)

Reply #27362 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:37 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754