Chad Ford Mock Draft predicts Mills at #28

http://linky.com.au/h17df

To Minnesota...

Should be interesting to see what the Clips do- Griffin is too good to be splitting minutes with fat Zach and Kaman.

Also, how much fun would the thunder be to watch with a core of Westbrook, Durant, Green and Rubio?

Let the draft speculation begin.

Topic #19940 | Report this topic

milhouse  
Years ago

the mock draft on hoopshype has mills going at 30 to cleveland.

Reply #236431 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Spanish, I reckon the Thunder would be better off taking Thabeet with pick #3 even if Rubio is available. They badly need defence in the key and he looks like a fairly sure bet to be the second coming of Dikembe Mutombo.

People are talking up Rubio a lot, but he is a 'potential' pick and would be a higher risk for the Thunder IMO. They also already have Westbrook, and that would mean moving him to SG to accommodate Rubio.

Of course, their choice could be made for them if Memphis takes one or the other!

Draft Express has also had Mills at #30 for about a month now. It looks like his stock will depend a lot upon his workouts between now and the final date for him to withdraw his name from the draft (he isn't hiring an agent, so he can go back to College if his stock drops).

Reply #236435 | Report this post

phd in shot  
Years ago

i dont think either grizzlies or thunder would take rubio, the grizzlies have a solid point gaurd and so do the thunder why would the grizzlies take thabeet and fill their big man void!!!
they needs a good big man darko just doent cut it

Reply #236442 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

With Chris Wallace the GM down there, Memphis could do anything. But you could make a case for them taking either. It depends on how they value Conley at PG and Marc Gasol at Centre. Both players won their starting spots this season, but neither have set the world on fire, so the Grizzlies could consider either Thabeet or Rubio an upgrade.

I'm hoping the Griz take Rubio, so that Thabeet joins Durant and co in OKC. I reckon that would make them a really good team to watch for the future. (I'd love to see Thabeet in Minny alongside Big Al even more, but that doesn't seem realistic at this stage!)

Reply #236445 | Report this post

Personally, I'd rather Thabeet in OKH too but can't see him slipping past... Oh, wait. I forgot Chris Wallace is the Memphis GM. I wouldn't be surprised if they draft a sack of potatoes with the #2 pick.

Having said that, I think Westbrook might be better playing off the ball- he's more of a Wade than a Deron.

Reply #236449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbadraft.net has mills at 18 now

Reply #236455 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

And with the 2nd pick in the 2009 NBA draft... wait no, Chris Wallace has traded it for... Donald T Sterling of the LA Clippers and a sack of potatoes!

The Clippers reportedly were reluctant to go through with the deal, because they really liked that sack of potatoes. But Chris Wallace stuck to his guns and insisted on the potatoes, in case he is out of a job before the year ends, and needs something to feed his family with.

Reply #236456 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Spanish, hard to say with Westbrook. A lot of potential and clearly not a pure PG, but a little short for a SG and needs to work on his outside shot. Could find himself in the same situation as Delonte West was in Boston, where he is a bit of a tweener, and so keeps getting shifted back and forth.

NBA draft has Mills at 18? Wow! Gonna have to check that one out...

Reply #236457 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

And with the first pick in the draft (how can sterling fuck this up) he takes a TYLER HANSBOROUGH wow we expected sterling to fuck it up but hansborough over griffin thats massive.

Na really Sterling will fuck up this situation now like he now has a beast in griffin (probably will fuck it up though) eric gordon and al thornton good starting blocks but then theres kaman, fatty randolph and baron davis (who is good i know). THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN FUCK THIS UP IS BY KEEPING DONALD T.STERLING AS THEIR COACH HE IS A RETARD!!!

Reply #236460 | Report this post

D.Rose#1  
Years ago

You guys are crazy, Rubio is going #2. You dont skip on Ricky Rubio for f'ing Mike Conley - who is an undersized bust and not even half the player of Rubio.

This is a two man draft - LA Clippers if they are smart will try and rid themselves of all the junk they have and try re-build around Griffin, Gordon and to a lesser extent Kaman and Thornton. Davis, Randolph, Camby, R.Davis all need to go.

OKC will draft their center in Thabeet who is going to be a dissapointment to many because he is very overrated but this draft is so bad that he still is clearly the 3rd best player in the draft. He would be a late lottery pick (10-15) last year based on his talent.

The real losers are the Kings, a shit team in a shit city and a shit pick in a shit draft. They needed Griffin or Rubio more than anyone else in the lottery.

Reply #236461 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

maybe Lakers'll pick up Pat Mills. :-P

Reply #236467 | Report this post

D.Rose#1  
Years ago

I dont think Mills would be of much use in the triangle offense. Jordan Farmar is a terrific PG but he has had to change his game significantly to fit in and get minutes. Mills will be best going to someone like Sacramento @ #23 (if they dont pick up a PG with the #4 pick) where he will get ample playing time for a young team and be able to stay in California. Minny @ 28 could also be interesting for him.

Reply #236469 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

lol Chad Ford.

Reply #236470 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Wow i was totally suprised to see Ingles snubbed of a draft spot by nbadraft.net ... NOT!

It feels bad to be a PHX fan right now though we are stuck in the middle of nowhere an a 14th pick in a 2 pick draft is hardly a building block :(

Reply #236471 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i'm sure you can sell it again, maybe let someone else draft another rondo.

Reply #236484 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

IMO Mills should be praying for the Cavs of Hornets to pick him up.

Reply #236504 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

millsy is the "man". He should go highhhh

Reply #236559 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:37 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754