Rip
Years ago

What should the Clippers do with the No.1 pick?

After winning the lottery the Clippers have declared that they will take Blake Griffin with the no.1 pick. Considering they already have Camby, Thorton, Randolph and Kaman playing the 4 and 5 spots would they better off maybe taking Rubio? I know hes young, but he already has alot of experience at a high level and is an interesting prospect. With Davis, Gordon plus Rubio they would have a strong backcourt for the future to compliment their (when healthy) fairly decent front court.

Topic #19943 | Report this topic

Skin  
Years ago

No, move a big and keep griffin

Reply #236512 | Report this post

milhouse  
Years ago

draft olowakandi, oh wait they already did that

Reply #236514 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Get Griffin and trade existing players.

Reply #236515 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

the LA CLips should move ta San Diego, Las Vegas or Mexico or Vancouver - it's hard, no, impossible to exists in the shadow of greatness - of Kobe and the Lakers

Until then they will always be loosers !!!

Reply #236516 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

The Clips must take Griffin.... always take the best player available.... It should be easy for them to move one or more of thier handy bigs... However i dont think that anything will change in clipper land until they get rid of Donald Sterling.... Seems his hands are all over every bad decision made in that ball clubs history.

Reply #236520 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

playtime, one more lame Kobe post and you're out of here.

Reply #236530 | Report this post

starvin marvin  
Years ago

They will take griffin, his photo is already on clippers website.

Reply #236532 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

Don't forget they have Eric Gorden and Baron Davis in the guard spots already.

They really need a 3 man, slasher... Trade Camby or Kaman and go for a very young core.

Gorden
Davis
???
Griffin
Thornton

bench

randolph
mike taylor
steve novak
de andre jordan
ricky davis
fred jones

the problem is Camby and Kaman are both on $10mil a year and will be hard to trade.

Reply #236533 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

They should gove Zach the Marbury treatment. Bury him.

Play Davis, Gordon, Griffin, Thornton, Camby

And trade Kaman

Reply #236534 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I think people who spell "losers" as "loosers" are the biggest "LOSERS" of them all!

Reply #236536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #236539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets go Lakers Lets go!

Lets go Lakers Lets go!!

Lets go Lakers Lets GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #236542 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Djrod, doesn't Thornton already qualify as their slasher? Or is his ball-handling too suspect for that?

If the team thinks Kaman can stay healthy, I'd keep him and bring Jordan along as his backup.

I'd try to get rid of Randolph first, because you don't want him standing in the way of Griffin's development, or undermining his confidence when he comes off the bench and puts up bigger numbers than the rookie.

Camby might be useful to keep around to mentor Jordan and provide depth while Griffin goes through his growing pains.

Reply #236547 | Report this post

Rip  
Years ago

I think that if the Clippers are going to trade they are gonna have to get rid of Randolph..a guy whos got the ability to get 20 and 10 isnt gonna be happy coming off the bench to a rookie..its only going to affect the team chemisty..

Starting 5
Gorden
Davis
Thorton
Griffin
Kaman

Bench
Taylor
Novak
Jordan
Davis
Jones
+ Whoever they can get for Randolph

Reply #236555 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Randolph is the most obvious guy to move however probably the most difficult.

Camby is a solid player and much more professional and better for team chemistry.

Reply #236557 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

"playtime, one more lame Kobe post and you're out of here."

What is it with people that have Play in there alias???

Reply #236563 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I didn't mind Simmons' suggestion in his chat:

Here's what I would do if I were the Clips GM. I'd call Sam Presti (Zombie Sonics GM) and make him the following Godfather offer...

The 2009 No. 1 overall pick, our 2011 No. 1, and our 2013 No. 1 pick... For Kevin Durant...Think about it: The Zombie Sonics have no guarantee Durant will stay there in 3 years, he might flee for a big market. They could awap him into a hometown hero and build around Griffin, Westbrook, Rubio, Green and a boatload of picks... And if you're the Clips, you have a franchise guy who might be ready to become a superstar next year - team him with Baron, Camby and Gordon, trade Kaman for something... that's a playoff team.

http://linky.com.au/t0cfe

Reply #236565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you have got to take griffin and trade the other bigs and even varon davis... keep gordon and trade davis for another gaurd to complement as baron is getting a little too old... but definately take griffin there is no way anyone should have taken anyone else

Reply #236579 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

They can give the pick to my Knicks if they want. I'll take it.

Reply #236622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know this might be a little ridiculous but they could look to trade Randolph,B.Davis,R.Davis,Kaman,Skinner

For the second and third picks + whatever makes those trades work.

While keeping Gordon,Thornton,Camby,Jordan,Taylor,Novak

Ending up having a team that looks like this

PG - Rubio/Taylor
SG - Gordon/???
SF - Thornton/Novak
PF - Griffin/Jordan
C - Thabeet/Camby

Very young apart from Camby but it looks to have alot of the pieces for a good team. Spot up shooters in Gordon & Novak, Decent staring and back up PG's in Rubio & Taylor, Athletic slasher in Thornton, Athletic big men with hops in Griffin & Jordon, Long shot blockers in Thabeet & Camby.

Obviously before you would go through with it you would have Rubio and Thabeet come in for some workouts to make sure they weren't obvious duds.

Reply #236639 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The question should be what will the Clippers actually do with their number 1 pick?

They have after all stuffed things up for quite some time now!

Reply #236642 | Report this post

Brilliant thinking from Simmons.

Failing that, how about they salary dump fat Zach (and try to weasel something semi-useful in return) and packaging Kaman to the Grizz for Rudy Gay?

Reply #236664 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

They can give the pick to my Knicks if they want. I'll take it.

They'd only use it to pickup another idiot anyway.

Or, more likely, trade the number one draft pick for an existing idiot who, after 6 months, never plays another game.

Reply #236699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thornton starts at small forward and puts up decent numbers. They do not need to draft a slasher.

Reply #236954 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

I actually agree with one of the posters here - they really do need to get out of LA. There's no way this team can compete in any level with the Lakers - they will always be the poor cousin until they can find their identitiy

Reply #237000 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754