Rip
Years ago

How's Perth Going Raising The 1M?

Was just wondering if anyone knew how the Wildcats were going trying to raise the 1 million needed for them to participate in the new NBL?

Topic #19955 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apprently the wildcats had there first white knight step up the other day.

Reply #236648 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

how about the guy that owns the team is one of the richest people in Australia so i think they need to do the 1m guarantee they get in because their owner has assets greater than 50 million

Reply #236652 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Agreed Kent,

Bendat is supposedly worth around 800 million so it wont be an issue.

Also from what I have heard he has told other owners he is 99% committed and wants to move forward with this season. At present however he is out of the coutry due to a family illness and this is taking up a lot of his time right now.

Reply #236654 | Report this post

Ostrich 99  
Years ago

Punctuation.

Reply #236655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think the 1 million dollers needed for the wildcats is to make sure that the club is around for years to come. Least the wildcats will be still in the league

Reply #236667 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Jack Bendat, owener of the Cats is worth more than the rest of the NBL put togther.

No need to question whether the Wildcats can be there, if there is a league and it meets their needs (tv rights etc) The Wildcats will be a walk up start.

Reply #236673 | Report this post

Rip  
Years ago

The way the media have been blowing it up, it seems like the Wildcats organisation would have to be on every corner of Perth with someone rattling a donation can. I didnt realise the owner was worth so much.

Reply #236676 | Report this post

NBL_in_Guam  
Years ago

If the guy who owns wildcats is extremely wealthy is this an indication that he's running it as a business, therefore wants to make money out of it, or is he doing it for fun - as I would if I had $50Million, instead of a meagre $25Mil.

Reply #236681 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754